Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonny7
Channel Surfer

Weather Channel - Highway thru H*LL On-Demand sends back to Roku Home Screen

Hi.   On the Weather Channel, up through Thurs 1/12/2023, we could select and watch "On-Demand" episodes of Highway Thru H*LL via our ROKU.

On Fri 1/13/2023, we could access the Weather Channel on ROKU just fine, see the live stream, and play any OTHER On-Demand shows.  However, each time we selected the general Highway Thru H*LL icon, OR selected the icon of the episode we had in progress from before (i.e. the "continue watching" episode), the screen briefly shows a spinning gear and then brings us all the way back to the ROKU home screen. 

This happens on BOTH of our TVs that have separate ROKU devices.   We have tried unplugging them both and allowing each to re-boot.  We also logged out of the Weather Channel and then signed back in.  Nothing so far has solved this.    

Just wondering if your On-Demand Highway Thru H*LL has a "glitch" on your end  since that is the ONLY show we select that does that to us.   Otherwise, is there a way you can "reset" the On-Demand on our Weather Channel account to remove this error?  (BTW, is it coincidence that Highway Thru H*LL was the only On-Demand show that had a "continue watching" icon? )  Thx.
16 REPLIES 16
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Weather Channel - Highway thru H*LL On-Demand sends back to Roku Home Screen

The glitch would be on The Weather Channel's end.  They're responsible for the content within their channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Jonny7
Channel Surfer

Re: Weather Channel - Highway thru H*LL On-Demand sends back to Roku Home Screen

Thx.   I sent an email to the Weather Channel streaming support.   So far only got a generic response saying they created a case and are looking into it.

I did see on this forum, however, to try removing the Weather Channel from my ROKU channel list, do a system restart, and then add it back.   However, even if I "log out" of the Weather Channel, it won't give me an option to remove it.   I read that it won't unless I actually unsubscribe completely.   

I've paid for an annual subscription, which just started about a week ago.   If I unsubscribe, will that create login problems after I've added the channel back?  Thx.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Unsubscribing only keeps the subscription from automatically renewing.  You will still have access to the subscription through its original expiration date.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Jonny7
Channel Surfer

Ok.  The unsubscribing method, remove Weather Channel, System Restart, and then add Channel back, sadly, did NOT work.    It keeps remembering my "continue watching" episode.  

So, as an experiment, I started an episode of another on-demand show called Weird Earth.  Ran the first episode for awhile, then stopped it.   Now it has a Weird Earth "Continue watching" episode icon also.   AND....now it does the same crazy thing if I chose EITHER "continue watching" shows, or the original general icons for the series.    They all send my display back to Roku Home screen with "Weather Channel" highlighted.

So, it's starting to look like it's not specific to a certain show....just its on-demand functionality.   

HeatherFlower71
Reel Rookie

Same here!! No response from the weather channel customer service. 

Jonny7
Channel Surfer

HeatherFlower71:  Thx for the comment.   Yeah, I tried asking things on another couple of threads too (like "The Weather Channel (TWC) App Crashing when loading") but kept getting the same advice.   Another user (KrisL) on that other thread reported the same problem this week.   

So, the steps of (a) canceling the subscription, (b) removing the channel, (c) Power restart (either unplug or do it using the menu), (d) adding channel back, (e) logging back in, and (f) even RE-subscribing again......is useless.   Nothing useful from Weather Channel streaming support by email (the only way to have any contact with them as I know of)....just sorry, please be patient, etc.     I mean, it's been a week already....

I had about 5 different Roku Support tickets (chats) that didn't do anything.   The 6th ticket of today was actually USEFUL....they gave me a full refund!

Sad....we really wanted to watch those shows. 

snook2726
Reel Rookie

Exactly the same thing from my systems, I have three different Roku systems experiencing the exact same symptoms as described here. Response from TWC support is "We are aware and are working on a fix" two weeks ago. I'm going to keep flooding them with support requests until this is fixed. The on demand content was 90% of the reason I subscribed.

snook2726
Reel Rookie

We have been made aware of an issue which is affecting On-Demand Video for some of our users. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our team and IT experts are working tirelessly to get On-Demand video restored as quickly as possible.  As soon as we have an update, or resolution, we will let you know ASAP.

0 Kudos
snook2726
Reel Rookie

At least they aren't pointing the problem back at Roku..

0 Kudos