Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sydcatmom
Reel Rookie

Re: Weather Channel App - Malformed Headers / HTTP Error Code

Jump to solution

The update for Roku was posted yesterday and is working for me this morning.  I finally received an email this morning telling me the Weather.com support website was not the right place to submit a ticket and I should have gone to: www.streamtwc.com.  Please bookmark that site for the next time they screw us all up.  😛 

0 Kudos
bobioni
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After you provided the Activation Code, were you directed to a screen where you select your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? 

Were you then asked to provide your ISP's User ID & Password? When you provide your ISP's User ID & Password, that information authenticates your right, as provided by your ISP, to view that channel. If you're receiving that error message: "something went wrong, etc. ........, your next step would be to resolve the issue with your ISP.

Prior to contacting your ISP, are you attempting to Sign In/Authenticate using a PC or smartphone? I'd recommend going to Settings, & Clear Your History & Website Data (if it's a smartphone, access Settings, select your Browser, & look for a command that says "Clear History & Website Data). Good Luck.

dwmutter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Problem has been resolved.  Exiting thread.

0 Kudos
Rosebud22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Weather Channel is still not working. Bad time of the year for this to happen. I live in New Orleans!!!

0 Kudos
bobioni
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

1) What model ROKU streaming device are you working with?

2) What Version & Build of TWC App is installed on your ROKU streaming device? (To determine this, scroll to TWC App, press the ROKU Remote's * button)

3) Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

Please provide replies & we'll try to resolve this.

0 Kudos
Tiko

Jump to solution

Go to your TV’s settings link. Select software update. Weather channel is included in the update. Once it’s performed and new App will appear. The app is going to ask for your email address if you have a subscription. TWC will send a code to your email. Enter the code in the screen. Once entered the channel should work. 

0 Kudos
TazzManiac83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Cool mine was fixed too. I would only wish/suggest that TWC would just have put some words on the screen that would have mentioned an "update is in progress and the channel will be down for a little while" or something to that affect. Just displaying the error message with no reason why was very frustrating. We were all jumping through unnecessary hoops trying to fix it.

I DID have to:

1. Remove and then reinstall the Weather Channel App on Roku.

2. Click the * on Roku remote to select update to update the channel. Even after reinstalling, the channel needed to update. It didn't reinstall with the latest version.

3. Restart system to get it to work. It did not work until doing those three steps on my Roku.

Hopefully these will help anyone still having problems.

Tazz

0 Kudos
MickyK

Re: Weather Channel App - Malformed Headers / HTTP Error Code/CHURCHILL DOWNS LIVE also

Jump to solution

Having the same issue with the Churchill Downs Live app, tried rebooting everything, no luck so far.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Weather Channel App - Malformed Headers / HTTP Error Code/CHURCHILL DOWNS LIVE also

Jump to solution

@MickyK

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Navigating issues with The Weather Channel app's error messages? Despite troubleshooting attempts, a user seeks advice on resolving ongoing problems. While I can't address the app glitch directly, I recommend exploring an alternative – the Snow Day Predictor Canada website. This tool uses advanced algorithms for accurate snow-related forecasts, seamlessly integrating with barometric data. Though the app issue persists, considering the Snow Day Predictor might offer an additional layer of precision and convenience in predicting weather conditions. For more specific guidance on The Weather Channel app, reaching out to customer support or checking online forums is recommended. Stay informed and explore the Snow Day Predictor for a valuable addition to your forecasting toolkit!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.