Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acooney629
Reel Rookie

Weather Channel App - Malformed Headers / HTTP Error Code

Jump to solution

Hi all! For the last couple days, whenever I try to open The Weather Channel app, I get an immediate pop-up message that reads: "There was an error in the HTTP response. This could mean that malformed HTTP headers or an HTTP error code was returned." I've seen suggestions on similar threads --- so I've followed all the troubleshooting steps I could find. Rebooted the Roku, rebooted my router, rebooted my TV, etc. I removed the app several times, checked for updates, etc. The most concrete guidance I've seen was 1) Remove the app, 2) Reboot the Roku, 3) Reinstall the app. Did that several times as well with no luck. Any advice on how I can resolve this ongoing issue? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Weather Channel App - Malformed Headers / HTTP Error Code

Jump to solution

@dwmutter @acooney629 @Jdawnmoore @TillySum @italiangm 

The Weather Channel app has updated to version 3.6.12 and the "malformed headers" errors fixed.

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
wcjones22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, it started Thursday 5/27/22. 

wcjones22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have Spectrum as a service provider. 

Rosebud22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue as of May 27, 2022 and tried everything you mentioned. Can someone please response so we can get this resolved!

Drummernaut
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You should probably send a message to The Weather Channel at https://support.weather.com/s/email-us?language=en_US

It seems that they are the only ones who can answer for this problem. I know they have made a substantial update to their app recently. This could be a nasty bug they have run into.

0 Kudos
Drummernaut
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I may have found a better place for contact about the app: http://feedback.weathergroup.com/support/tickets/new

Select "The Weather Channel App" and submit a ticket.

Yes, my app has also been down since 5-27-22 for the same error. My service is DISH.

freeflyer76
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue and have tried everything you mentioned and yes, it started 5/27 as well.

0 Kudos
larnsal
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine Began on 5-27-2022 as well. I have Spectrum. Tried firmware update of my netgear router, updating the app and re-starting Roku. No difference. Even my other Roku 4K stick does it too???

0 Kudos
surveyor48
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Adding my name to the list too. Mine also show the HTTP error as of 5-27-2022. Hope someone gets this figured out. We watch this channel every morning 

sydcatmom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Adding my name to the list.  It started with me on 27 May 2022 as well; I'm using Verizon FIOS.  I've tried all the same suggestions as everyone else here and nothing has worked.  I wish someone could post an explanation as to what happened and tell us how to fix it!  

0 Kudos