Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrMark
Streaming Star

Re: Watch history not updating on Roku TV YouTube App

Jump to solution

Roku has yet to publicly take ownership of the problem, so unless they're doing something that they're not telling us about, it's hard to imagine how they will ever fix it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

tried your directions.  Did not work. still feel helpless.  Roku player working just fine one day, and won't contribute to the watch history the next.

0 Kudos
MrMark
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I even went so far as to create a new YouTube brand channel, and for a moment, I thought it was working because I saw some history on my Roku...but then I noticed that the same history was not replicated in the browser version of YouTube.  It's just messed up.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrMark
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Could you be any less concerned about this Danny?  I honestly can't imagine how.

now putting in more characters because the forum will not allow succinct replies...

AlanTownUSA
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How convenient for you to take no responsibility and pass the buck.  You’re still responsible on your side to keep customers happy. Do something!

0 Kudos
MrMark
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Agreed.

Here is some garbage to meet the minimum post length:

Before posting a new topic, please be sure to search keywords related to your issue/question to see if a topic already exists.

0 Kudos
foresthillsbob
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku doesn't save YouTube search history

Jump to solution

I've been having the same problem for several weeks, I have literally tried every proposed solution posted here and elsewhere, to no avail.  My next step may be to simply give up on Roku and go with a Google product that will place more nicely.  

0 Kudos
foresthillsbob
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've tried everything here and nothing works.  It's probably just time to give up on Roku and invest in something else.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku doesn't save YouTube search history

Jump to solution

@foresthillsbob wrote:

My next step may be to simply give up on Roku and go with a Google product that will place more nicely.  

Which is what Google wants you to do, buy their product rather than supporting a player that has been good for them for so many years. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.