Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gigigi
Reel Rookie

Re: Fox News App major issues

Jump to solution

Gave up on Roku. Plugged in Chromecast, works fine

beachguy11

Re: Does ROKU have something against Fox News?

Jump to solution

same problem here. I'm sure the above fix suggestion by Roku will work but I've found if I choose Fox Business and watch it for a couple secs. then arrow back and THEN choose Fox News I can get it to load that way. Something to try if you don't want to go through the uninstall / reinstall process.

26tudor
Channel Surfer

Re: Does ROKU have something against Fox News?

Jump to solution

I'll have to try that.

0 Kudos
Medfieldmike
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • I know this is a old issue but I just got a new Roku and encountered this problem. I found a workaround at least hopefully it will continue to work, rather than uninstall the app go to that same place, *,  but click restart app,  that seemed to clear something and then it loaded and opened..

Ridiculous that you have to do that but it's a little quicker than uninstalling and then having to re-log in again so just thought I'd post that here in case it would help anyone else!

Good Luck !

Eagle85

Jump to solution

This makes me suspect that it could be the DNS servers that some people are using. 

I saw this issue recently when I tried to upgrade a Roku 3 to a Roku 4k, everything worked in the newer Roku but the live tv in the Fox News app would get stuck on 13%.  I believe the apps on both devices were both fully up to date.  Perhaps the older Roku 3 device was stuck on a different DNS server that worked?

RJet

Jump to solution

Having the same issues. Loads to 13% then freezes. Tried reinstalling after unplugging the Roku device. Tried restarting the app from the options menu as suggested. Tried watching Fox Business first as someone suggested, but it wouldn't load either. All other apps work fine. Hope Roku finds a fix soon.

DavidMD
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

having the same issue, need to reboot the router everytime I try to watch fox

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The fairly painless work-around that worked for my Roku just now was to go to app options when selecting the Fox News app and then selecting "Restart App" -- I didn't have to reauthorize and live news came up right away. I hope this helps and works for some.

0 Kudos
26tudor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have tried everything suggested on this site and all I get is the fox news page with the 13% spinning in the middle.

Medfieldmike
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm sorry the suggestions aren't working, the odd thing for me is that since I restarted the app, it's opened without any issues since, I haven't had to restart it again. 

I have the 4K stick just to add that detail.

I guess we need to know the actual cause, otherwise it seems to just be luck, bad or good.

I've never ever had this issue with Chromecast so I'm not sure why it seems to be a thorn for Roku.

Mike

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.