Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NAYINKY

Removing streaming channels

I have channels that are in the Roku menu as streaming channels, navigation, genres, news and weather, 73 of 500 is the channel i want to remove. When i select the channel it gives me two options. 1- add channel, 2- view screenshots. This channel is not on the main menu only the Roku streaming channels. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Removing streaming channels

@NAYINKY 

If you selected "Streaming Channels" from the Home Screen Menu (on the left), the channels/apps that are listed there are "capable of being added/installed" to your Roku device or RokuTV.  They are not necessarily already installed on your Roku device so they cannot be "removed".  That is why you are seeing "add channel" as an option.

You can only remove channels/apps that are installed on the Home Screen. (those channels/apps that are to the right of the menu on the Home Screen.  These channel/app icons are those that are currently installed on your Roku device).

Feel free to post a screenshot here if you are still having issues to give us better understanding what you are trying to do if I misundertood the above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
NAYINKY

How am i able to watch them and they’re in my guide if they were never added? Little confusing. Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@NAYINKY 

Then I misunderstood what you are trying to do.  Are you able to post a screenshot or able to provide more info? 

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@NAYINKY-

The Streaming Channels menu item on the left side of the Roku stream is basically a shopping list.  It is the full inventory of channels available in your geographical region that are compatible with your Roku model.  They are grouped into several channel categories.

Only the channels actually installed to your Roku are shown in the channel grid to the right of the home page left side menu.  You can click on any of these installed channels to load it for viewing.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "73 of 500 is the channel i want to remove".

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos