Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YoooJoe
Reel Rookie

Re: Washed out colors when streaming some content from the Peacock TV channel

I am having the same issue. We have gigabit fiber so it’s not a network issue. Picture quality better over the air using an antenna. It’s annoying to have to pay for a subscription to watch a playoff game and then have poor picture quality.

Turning off HDR does work but using dev mode is unacceptable.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @YoooJoe,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further, but we will need to gather more details. Is this happening on all contents and channels, or is it isolated? (Specify) What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JBaller
Reel Rookie

John,

Respectfully, quit dicking us around. This thread is 9 pages long of people reporting the same issue for months. Peacock HDR is broken on Roku. Period. Full stop.

This thread blows up every major NFL game (get ready for another several dozen posts tonight). Asking for more information is insulting. Log a ticket with the developerment team and fix the issue.

Jamsta5

This solution works. I took a screen shot of this post so that I can remember how to switch it back later. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
YoooJoe
Reel Rookie

I appreciate the response - even if it is clearly an automated response. All relevant details have already been provided by other users.

I do provide support to other family members. Some are more technically adapt than others. Trying to explain how and when to use dev mode is not a realistic solution. Hopefully I can talk someone out of buying a new TV to go with the new printer and internet provider.

0 Kudos
Susiesl

Re: Washed out colors when streaming SOME content from the Peacock TV channel

Roku you are going to have a lot of very upset people that purchased Peacock to watch the Dolphin/KC game with these washed out colors. Normal shows look fine, must be live tv like football games. Get it fixed!

Susiesl

Re: Washed out colors when streaming some content from the Peacock NFL game

Happened to with the Bills game to me and now with the Dolphins game and they ARE MY team, not happy.

0 Kudos
df9
Reel Rookie

Stop it John. There are 100 posts saying the same thing. Your post just makes all Roku employees sound like they can’t read.

RBull74

Having the same problem. Paid for a new subscription just to watch the football game tonight. It's obvious this has been a problem for a long time.  It's disappointing I didn't find a solution on this thread.

0 Kudos
JBaller
Reel Rookie

I posted a solution on page 1 if you scroll back. You have to turn off HDR.

0 Kudos