Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reno67
Channel Surfer

Re: Was Movieland.tv deleted?

Jump to solution

Oh I guess it gives me a good reason then to buy a Fire TV and get rid of Roku they're sure liberal with their permissions I'm also recommended Roku to a bunch of family members that are very loyal now they will be unrecommended adios

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Reno67 wrote:

Oh I guess it gives me a good reason then to buy a Fire TV and get rid of Roku they're sure liberal with their permissions I'm also recommended Roku to a bunch of family members that are very loyal now they will be unrecommended adios

Alot of community software defaults to having you "follow" threads you post on. You will get copies of any new posts. You can stop following this thread by going to the top of the page, and clicking the 3 dots on the right side of the bar just below the purple banner. Choose "Unsubscribe", and you won't get any more copies.

You can also go to your user settings (click the user icon on the very top right, then settings), and then check the box that says "Don't send my any community emails". You can also go to Preferences and UNCHECK the box for "Automatically subscribe me to topics or reviews I participate in "

0 Kudos
Reno67
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Nice to see that Roku is operating with what they call influencers I'm of the older generation so an influencer to us is somebody who doesn't want to get a real job they're lazy and can't get out of mommy and daddy's basement😁😆😅

0 Kudos
ceresmary206
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It was a simple request being that we were just trying to understand why so many of the "free" streaming services like Movieland, INC, Retro Flix, Family INC, etc.  are no longer 'stream-able' and that's that. 

What I think of the never-ending lifetime of copyrighting making it almost impossible to have any "free domain" and the greed involved in movies that are over 50 years old,  shouldn't have to be my job to "figure out".  I don't work for social media nor for the entertainment industry.  All I wanted was the high quality videos, simply put, without having to pay out more than cable to have access to movies. Since so many of the people in the industry of that era are no longer with us, as well as those who made these movies, the only licensing fees I see (just me), is going to the parent company of the film industry or studios.  I am willing to accept that we have a very limited source through Pluto, ROKU TV, etc, the problem then becomes: when do these movies end up tied into Disney, Columbia Broadcasting, NBC Comcast (peacock), et al, and no longer available simply because the shows (other than non talkies) has found another audience and is going back into monetizing.  Yes, i find it sick, since many of us cannot get local channels without ROKU or buying extensive TV antennae.  Look, not everyone can, and in some cases, antennas are  banned from houses that are in specialized housing communities.  It was an innocent request  to find out if anyone else couldn't get access.  Now we know.  I still worry that we will find most of our 'free channels' become monetized, simply because cable companies can find a way to get back their public.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community.

As a friendly reminder when posting in the Roku Community that posts should adhere to the Community guidelines:

Be kind, courteous, and positive when posting. The Community exists to help users. Posting abusive, obscene, harassing, hostile, defamatory, offensive, tortious, argumentative, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable content may result in loss of access to the Community. Roku reserves the right to remove any content at its discretion. 

For more information about why a channel has been removed from the Roku Channel Store, visit our Support page here: A channel is missing

In order to prevent this thread from being derailed from the originally inquiry, we will be locking this thread.

If you have another issue or inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos