Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilB9

Was Movieland.tv deleted?

Jump to solution

Has the Movieland.tv channel been deleted from ROKU lineup?   Who can explain why?   It was a great channel.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Was Movieland.tv deleted?

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community.

As a friendly reminder when posting in the Roku Community that posts should adhere to the Community guidelines:

Be kind, courteous, and positive when posting. The Community exists to help users. Posting abusive, obscene, harassing, hostile, defamatory, offensive, tortious, argumentative, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable content may result in loss of access to the Community. Roku reserves the right to remove any content at its discretion. 

For more information about why a channel has been removed from the Roku Channel Store, visit our Support page here: A channel is missing

In order to prevent this thread from being derailed from the originally inquiry, we will be locking this thread.

If you have another issue or inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
54 REPLIES 54
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@PhilB9 

Movieland.tv has disappeared before and then come back.

I have a couple saved searches in the Movieland.tv channel/app that are still playing.  (Even though the channel/app home page is blank/empty of library content).

Could be the channel/app is undergoing some development changes.  Also noticed not available in Roku Channel Store currently though.

Unless the developer @wajid_bux stops by to update, will just have to wait and see as to the status of this channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Jump to solution

I went to use it and it says no longer a Roku channel.  Bummer they had some good content.

Barb51

Jump to solution

I was disappointed that it is gone, I really hope this wonderful app comes back soon, it was one of my faves.

Rokrew
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I can easily explain why. They had copyrighted films airing for free. The way they snuck them in under the radar was by attaching fake copyright dates. 

2 easy examples would be WB still owns the rights to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Disney still owns the rights to Mary Poppins. 

ceresmary206
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We're sighing  because it was really our big "go-to" channel for streaming for older Disney material that the Mouse wasn't sharing, too bad.  Also had older show that are really very hard to find, especially in a free capacity, I was thinking of things like "Brother Sun, Sister Moon", "My side of the Mountain" and other extremely hard to find classics. With everything becoming more "monetized"  on streaming, we're going to have to rethink the "unplug" when it becomes so expensive, we will just have to go back to our DVD library if we want to watch certain shows.  It's too bad that even Kanopy and Hoopla don't have access to these shows either.  Sadness.

Psysho

Jump to solution

Apparently so.  I think it's a great resource.  Hopefully, it will be revived.

bwd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Man I really hate they deleted Movielandtv, it was my favorite channel on Roku.

Roku has let me down once again by deleted great channels...

MrCoffea

Jump to solution

I think this channel was not legit, it was too good to be true. The channel was not very professionally done. There is no website. The video was glitchy at times. First there was no commercials then too many. You would have to have big money to bring all these movies together. They had more classic movies than TCM on HBO Max. Nobody has even heard of this channel. The only way anyone found it is by searching on a Roku device for a classic movie and this turns up.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@bwd wrote:

Man I really hate they deleted Movielandtv, it was my favorite channel on Roku.

Roku has let me down once again by deleted great channels...

You can't blame Roku for removing pirated content. They had major legal issues a number of years ago because they ignored channels that we illegally streaming content, so they are forced to do so now. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.