Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marybethel1
Channel Surfer

Volume isn't working even though it's a new remote

Jump to solution

The remote is several months old now, but it's still relatively new. I tried updating the Roku, it didn't help. I tried restarting it, and it didn't help. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, and it didn't help. I tried reconnecting the remote, and it didn't work.

I have a Roku Ultra.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume isn't working even though it's a new remote

Jump to solution

Thank you for the added information, @marybethel1.

We appreciate you for letting us know about this and we'd be more than happy to further assist you with utilizing your Roku remote successfully. 

In addition to what @renojim said, may we know if this is the remote that comes with your Roku Ultra? If so, is your device directly plugged into your TV or do you have an AVR/soundbar hooked up to it?

In the meantime, kindly try to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it, and then re-pair it right after to see if this will make any difference. 

Let us know how it goes! We'll be looking forward to your response. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@marybethel1, did you go through the procedure under Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->[Voice remote]->Set up remote for TV control?

Did the volume ever work?  Does the power button turn off your TV?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
marybethel1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@renojimYes the volume did work at one time. I did go through the settings and everything that I had to do in order for it to work. It had worked at one time but now it's not. The power button was working but now it's not.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@marybethel1, is it a rechargeable remote (Voice Remote Pro)?  I have one and the volume controls will sometimes stop working, although I believe I've seen reports here of the regular voice remote with batteries doing the same thing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the added information, @marybethel1.

We appreciate you for letting us know about this and we'd be more than happy to further assist you with utilizing your Roku remote successfully. 

In addition to what @renojim said, may we know if this is the remote that comes with your Roku Ultra? If so, is your device directly plugged into your TV or do you have an AVR/soundbar hooked up to it?

In the meantime, kindly try to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it, and then re-pair it right after to see if this will make any difference. 

Let us know how it goes! We'll be looking forward to your response. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
marybethel1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuCarlyThe remote didn't come with my Roku Ultra. I repaired it and it still didn't work. I don't have an AVR/Soundbar hooked up to it.

Edit: I paired it again and it worked. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us updated, @marybethel1.

We're glad to hear that it worked!

Please don't hesitate to reach out again for future assistance as we would be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.