Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lala85
Reel Rookie

Re: Viaplay channel not working

Trying to watch it on Viaplay, as this thread is about. I have uninstalled, rebooted the Roku box (Express when I check the "About" in settings) and reinstalled and it still does not working. There are no updates on the Roku box or the Viaplay channel. This worked perfectly fine last week.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lala85,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps, videos from other channels play fine. In that case, we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kroo
Reel Rookie

Thanks Janadee

The issue is only with the ViaPlay channel - all others are working normally - and I only have one Roku device to try it on. 

I have tried using another network and the problem persists, and all other channels stream as usual on my normal network. 

I could not find any information about this being a known issue, but will reach out to ViaPlay now. 

Kroo

0 Kudos
nielo
Channel Surfer

I've just heard back from Viaplay support (the email address is support-uk@viaplay.com). I've told them lots of us are experiencing the same problem but I think the more people that tell them that then the quicker it might get fixed.

Ricky-Roma
Reel Rookie

I've reported to Viaplay support too.

Definitely not working on Roku Streaming Stick now. Seeing as you reported it on Sunday and it's still not fixed, I can see me missing the Euro Qualifiers tomorrow ☹️

0 Kudos

Get this fixed Roku !!

0 Kudos
Kroo
Reel Rookie

ViaPlay say that they have their engineers on it and trying to find a solution. 

0 Kudos
lala85
Reel Rookie

@Ricky-Roma I know, same here. I reported ot to Visplay on Sunday and they said they'd get the engineers working on it. I had to HDMI my laptop to my TV so I might have to do the same tomorrow for the game

0 Kudos
Ricky-Roma
Reel Rookie

I dug out an old Chromecast that I probably haven't used in over 6 years and I can cast fine from phone or PC to TV. Just thought I'd mention it as some folk here may have one lying around too and there's no guarantee this problem will be sorted soon

0 Kudos
Chris2024
Reel Rookie

Any idea when this will be fixed,  it's been down for a week now 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.