Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: VPN or proxy error for Paramont plus live TV error

Jump to solution

Some other users are also seeing this error with other shows on Paramount and apparently Paramount is aware and working on a fix.  Wouldn't hurt to contact them as well and add yourself to the list of affected users.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/Big-Brother-live-say-Im-using-a-vpn/m-p/989528...

---

When this happened previously, Paramount reportedly just whitelisted some IP addresses rather than address the underlying issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Boz
Roku Guru

Re: VPN or proxy error for Paramont plus live TV error

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, you're wrong, because FBI plays just fine on the same network using a phone, Chromebook, and PC. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: VPN or proxy error for Paramount plus live TV error

Jump to solution

@Boz it's meaningless if something works on a different device. First, the app itself is not the same as the one on a Roku. Same thing if you're using a web browser, completely different method of playback. Second, the larger service providers, such as Netflix or Paramount, feed different devices from different servers so there could be a server issue for the provider. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.