Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ra12

Re: Unable to login to Max on Roku after HBO Max changed

Jump to solution

your answers don't work.  I am throwing out my useless Roku!

ra12

Jump to solution

can't use peacock or netflix either, so roku is mostly useless for my purposes!!

Mzmelr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
got this from another user  it worked for me:
This has worked for Max for several of us. If you are having problems with other. Hannels you may need to speak directly with Roku.  Wish you well.

I chose login with a QR code/Provider, which puts a QR code and a 6 digit code on the screen. If you scan the code, it asks you to choose your provider, which if you're like me and have an account with HBO directly, is useless.

HOWEVER, if you SKIP the QR code, go directly max.com/login on your computer and enter the 6 digit numerical code, you can then sign in on your browser and it should log you in to the Roku app.

Mac11209
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

sounds like something in your settings...

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mac11209,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you getting an error code or message? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Daibel

Jump to solution

No it’s been months y’all need to fix y’all **bleep** and give more login options. It only gives email and password which WONT work because the password is too short yet it logs in everywhere else. Every other tv is fine but dumb ass roku i’m getting a firestick Slow ass company

0 Kudos
Hydesteven

Jump to solution

The problem is the roku account. If roku had a way to clear the cache info for the channels for you remove them, then that would fix it. I unfortunately had to create a new ROKU account. With this new roku account i then installed hbo max and was able to log in a works fine now. For some reason hbo max did not work with my other roku account. Roku needs to clear cache on its channels once they are removed. That is the problem.

Carlito

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Carlito,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem accessing your Max app on Roku. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to access a channel? Have you tried removing the channel and adding it back? Have you tried updating the channel?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

What worked for me: Changed MAX password. Removed special characters. Used a min of 10 characters (required by MAX). Password on Roku finally worked. (No need to unplug Roku. No need for system reset. No need to uninstall and reinstall MAX.)

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.