Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mplazaprendes
Reel Rookie

Missing channels in my device.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I just bought a new Roku Express device. I live in México.

Model: 3960MX - Roku Express

Software Version: 13.0.0. - Build 24056-ED

I was trying to install all my channel I already had.

Prime Video, F1, Claro Video, MAX, etc...

But they does not appear in the Channel Stores, and also I have not the Search feature. 

I already have all my channels installed in the ROKU website account but I cannot see them in my new device...

How can I solve it?

Thanks

F1 App installed.pngPrime Video App installed.pngMAX App installed.pngCLARO VIDEO App installed.pngRoku Express Screen.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mplazaprendes
Reel Rookie

Re: Missing channels in my device.

Jump to solution

Dan, finally I found the answer in your reply. Thanks for that!

I don´t know why I have 2 different account one with gmail and the other with hotmail.

I logged with the hotmail account and everything went ok. I have the search options and all the channels I missed in the gmail account. Reason? I don´t know. But it Worked!!!

Thanks again.

Miguel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Chances are those channels are not available in Mexico on Roku devices. Just because a service is available somewhere doesn't mean that the provider has made them available on Roku devices. Often a service is available on other devices or on using a web browser, but they haven't authorized Roku devices in the channel store. I tried changing the channel store web site to Mexico, but it immediately changes back to the US, so I can't look up what is available to you. 

Your Roku player should have the ability to search the channel store on the main screen. On US devices it's labeled Streaming Store. That should show any channels that are available based on your user account location and your physical location (I'm assuming both are Mexico based). 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
mplazaprendes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Dan. 

I don´t think México is the issue. I am configuring a new Roku Device I already have another one, and It works fine. The new one have not the Search options anywhere, If you see the photo in my first publication, there is no Search Option. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Thanks for that clarification. That really doesn't make sense then. I'm surprised Roku doesn't offer the channel store on the device, that seems very strange. But assuming both of your Roku devices are linked to the same user account, then there's no reason they should not both have the same channels. The only exception would be if a channel didn't support the new device, but that really doesn't seem likely with a brand new player. Hopefully @RokuCarly or @RokuAustin can get support to dig into this. It's going to require access to information that we here certainly don't have, and even the forum moderators can't get to. They'll have to pass it along to higher level support.

Dan

mplazaprendes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Dan, finally I found the answer in your reply. Thanks for that!

I don´t know why I have 2 different account one with gmail and the other with hotmail.

I logged with the hotmail account and everything went ok. I have the search options and all the channels I missed in the gmail account. Reason? I don´t know. But it Worked!!!

Thanks again.

Miguel

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Ah, that explains it. Glad you caught the dual email addresses. 🙂

Dan

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.