Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThatDonna

Roku Search for movies or TV shows

• I agree with others that the Roku Search feature has gone steadily downhill, currently tanking! Used to be a helpful feature. Search results say a movie is available free on (channel), then you go to the channel (install if needed) and it's either not there or not free. Most recent example: searched for 'Good Time' = result 'watch now on Plex.' Download Plex, search for 'Good Time' = result 'available on the following channels' (all for a fee, not available on Plex for free-watch now or otherwise!). I believe Roku is allowing this false content to get people to download more channels, for which Roku is likely paid. This is a scam which should be reported to FCC.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
edroksense
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Search for movies or TV shows

This is true - it happened to me too.

Also upon reading on android google news about new channels that are free for the month of... , I jot it down and tried on Roku player but it is not free, pay to view it.

Very good tactics to make us fool.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.