Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hgc159
Reel Rookie

Unable to Add Any Channels

Hello, As of today, I am unable to add any channels.  I've tried 5-6.  I can watch my existing channels, but can't add any new ones.  I have the Roku Ultra, Model 4800X.  I've tried a system reset and unplugging the device from the power source and plugging it back in, but no changes.  Any suggestions from anyone would be much appreciated.

Labels (1)
16 REPLIES 16
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to Add Any Channels

Are you getting an error message of some sort, or are the additions simply not appearing on the 4800? Any chance you are not in the US and trying to add channels that are not available in your location?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Chappy21
Binge Watcher

I was having the same problem but when I went into the ROKU Settings the next day and did update the channels were added at that time.  only the channels that I tried to add the day before.  have no idea why.

phredrock
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem with a Roku Premiere+ (4630 series)   running software version 10.0.0 build 4209-29.

@hgc159  any luck?

The roku will not add any channel. I was trying to solve another problem with authenticating a channel, and removed it. I rebooted, and not only could I not add the one I removed, but I couldn't remove any channels. There is no error. The display says "Adding Channel", and it just spins. Forever.

renojim

@phredrock, try restarting your modem/router and then your Roku.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
hgc159
Reel Rookie

Yea, I spoke to Roku Customer (No) Support.  We spent almost an hour on the phone and got nowhere.  The rep blamed it on a technical issue, so she was going to have to send me over to IT support.  There I was told I would receive a call the following day with a solution.  A week goes by and no word from them.  In the meantime I was able to add channels via the Roku Channel Store online.  After about 10 days the problem resolved itself and I haven't had any issues since.  I've purchased a Fire TV Stick and have been impressed.  The wife still prefers the Roku, so we are keeping both for now.

phredrock
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the response!

I was able to figure out the problem, finally. After unplugging, waiting, booting a few times with no success, I figured I would try one more time, but this time I re-seated the SD card. Either that was the issue, or it was just a coincidence, but it worked!  

That's a great idea about adding from the web. I didn't even think of that! Next time, if the SD reseating trick doesn't work, that will be my next move.

kathyn2kwx

How do you repeat the SD card?

atc98092

@kathyn2kwx wrote:

How do you repeat the SD card?

They said to re-seat. That means to remove the card and insert it again, ensuring it's inserted correctly and fully.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Strega
Roku Guru

I just wanted to add that reseating the SD card only applies if you have one of the Roku models that allows adding SD cards, and you have actually added an SD card.  The majority of Roku models have not had SD card slots and no current model has one.