Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gergelaine

Re: Unable to Add Any Channels

unable to add youtube' Says invalid pin.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Gergelaine, you can update or remove your PIN at https://my.roku.com . Make sure you're using the email address that's displayed under Settings->System->About on your Roku device to log in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
mef2

Does anybody have any help for loading local channels?  I'd like to watch our local NBC and ABC affiliate stations for local news, etc.  But not able to do so and calling Roku support and trying to accomplish this by myself on the app on my phone does nothing.  Can someone offer help?  I admit I am a dinosaur as far as tech is concerned but using a TV shouldn't be this hard!  Thank you.  

atc98092

@mef2 do you have a Roku TV, or a Roku player? You can't watch over the air (OTA) TV on a Roku player, unless you are using a provider such as Xfinity or other TV provider. Some TV stations might offer a channel to stream their station, but those are few and far between. 

If you don't have a TV provider, there are online providers that offer channels on Roku devices. For example, YouTube TV, Fubo TV and Sling TV are three examples. I can't speak if they offer your actual local TV stations, or simply a national feed for each network. 

There is one way to watch OTA TV on a Roku player. Assuming you have an acceptable OTA signal where you live, you can install a network tuner (Silicon Dust sells several models), attach an antenna to the tuner, then use the Silicon Dust channel on your Roku to access the network tuner. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
AvsGunnar

@mef2 

Many local news stations have their own standalone channels/app in the Roku Channel Store.   https://channelstore.roku.com/search/news

The Roku Channel LiveTV has also been adding more local news stations (including NBC and ABC locals)  to the lineup.  You can look at channels 4100 - 4368 to see if any of these are in your area.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

I tried "turning it off and turning it on again," as recommended by a contributor. No help.

I have a Roku television. No way to separate the "modem/router" from the "Roku."

atc98092

Turning off a TV does not restart the TV. It merely goes into sleep mode. The only way to really restart the Roku TV is to use the menu option labeled "System restart" or pull the power cord for 30 seconds. 

The modem/router is not part of your TV. It's the device that connects your home network to the Internet. You restart it the same way: pull the power then plug it back in.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.