Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sp00n
Channel Surfer

Re: Uh oh an error has occurred, but we're working on fixing it. we'll be up and streaming again ...

Before getting all signed back in within "guest mode", I tried the factory reset just to confirm, and yeah that doesn't work. In guest mode everything works, including the reason why we're here, Paramount+. It finally asked me to sign in. It's odd that a factory reset doesn't reset whatever is wrong, but guest mode does. Also seems like they let you set the time limit of guest mode as much as you want, I just did 2 years.

For giggles I looked at that tracker info stuff (Home 5x, Back 5x) and everything was the same except for the GC version.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Uh oh an error has occurred, but we're working on fixing it. we'll be up and streaming again ...

@Sp00n, if you're interested in experimenting, try factory resetting your device again, but link it to a new/different Roku account.  I believe, based on other strange things I've read here, there's information stored with Roku for each account that's undocumented and impossible to clear.  I'm not real sure how it helps, but it might be interesting to know what happens.  You can always link it back to the original account if you like.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
djmercury1
Binge Watcher

Don’t want to do a factory reset.

0 Kudos
Sp00n
Channel Surfer

I appreciate the idea, sounds plausible. However just spent like 30 mins (testing functionality along the way) re-signing into everything after a factory reset/guest mode to get it all to a working state.

0 Kudos
djmercury1
Binge Watcher

Exactly.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your experience with this issue, @djmercury1 and @Sp00n.

We sincerely appreciate the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve this isolated concern. However, we believe the channel provider will be able to help sort out this concern, as this error message may be known on their end. We'd recommend you get in touch with them and inquire further.

Please let us know if you need further clarification.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
djmercury1
Binge Watcher

Already.  Paramount are clueless….

0 Kudos
Nerdathan

Yes. Same. Plenty of blackout screening while audio is still working. Updated/restarted and bandwidth is fine. Screencasting from phone works fine. Been several weeks now. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nerdathan,

Thanks for reaching out regarding this concern.

Can you confirm what channels are affected by the issue? If the issue affects multiple channels, it could most likely be a network issue, so we recommend a reboot on the router. Alternatively, can you try to connect the device to a mobile hotspot just to check if there will be a difference?

Please keep us informed.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RogerR67

I found that by selecting another show to watch and then going back after the initial ad, it worked for me.

0 Kudos