Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sp00n
Channel Surfer

Re: Uh oh an error has occurred, but we're working on fixing it. we'll be up and streaming again ...

MODEL: 3930X - Roku Express

SERIAL #: X00400TN6DCP

DEVICE ID: S00839DN6DCP

SOFTWARE VERSION: 12.0.0 - build 4184-AE

Paramount Plus Version 8.7 - build 20231002

GC version: 10.1.517

Tracker ID: CP-416-522

0 Kudos
Sp00n
Channel Surfer

Re: Uh oh an error has occurred, but we're working on fixing it. we'll be up and streaming again ...

Found a lead. Guest mode seems to wipe everything, and Paramount+ then finally asks for login info again (tried logging in and it worked). Which might imply that doing a factory reset might work. OR maybe not. It depends on if the Roku account settings info are being sent to the paramount plus app. Which could be a thing, as paramount plus REALLY didn't like my original email address for some reason, and that's what's currently in my Roku account settings. I'm not excited about trying a factory reset though, as I would have a page of streaming apps to resign into, and some don't offer QR code verification to do so 😑.... Just tried changing my Roku email, no change, same error (except now some errors within Roku settings 🤓🤣🤣). 

djmercury1
Binge Watcher

Finally got a response from Paramount+ via email and their only suggestion was to clear the cache (which was one of the first things I did).  Still doesn’t work….

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sp00n @djmercury1,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with your Paramount+ channel issue. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

If the problem still persists, could you send us a photo or video of your running issue?

We look forward to hearing from you soon, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
djmercury1
Binge Watcher

Already checked for updates on the channel, I’ll send a picture of the error screen.

0 Kudos
Ctrivino
Reel Rookie

I have completed a full factory reset. No luck. I’ve included photos. 

E48669E8-B439-48DD-8BED-B9A39727B551.jpeg

50E6C286-2711-4C7F-A1E3-F124977AB2C4.jpeg

0 Kudos
Ctrivino
Reel Rookie

D03A85FF-A92E-4FAF-96AF-3F860D317A06.jpeg

9B2BEA64-F3E2-4463-83F3-61530187396B.jpeg

djmercury1
Binge Watcher

That's the exact error I get on all my Roku's.  3 Ultra's & 1 Streambar.

0 Kudos
djmercury1
Binge Watcher

Just received another email from Paramount+ with a new list of ideas they recommend that are a huge waste of time.  Stuff like making sure my wifi mesh system allows both IPv4 & IPv6 protocols, turn off ad blockers in my router settings, moving the Roku closer to the router, and on and on.  I responded again telling them that I can connect on all my other devices on the same wifi network with no issues (Apple TV, iPhone, Windows PC & Laptop; there have been no ISP or router settings changes since the last time the app worked a couple of weeks ago.  I mean, really....

0 Kudos
Sp00n
Channel Surfer

Par for the course. Just look above here. Zero reading comprehension, and people just phoning it in... and nowadays you wonder if its even a person. I work with installing industrial control systems, and even when we have a client paying 250k++ for a system, the support is laughable. We usually just figure it out ourselves. There just isn't enough supply (skilled people) to meet the world's ever growing technical expansion. You usually don't get any real answers unless you speak directly with an engineer or the like. This sets up a situation where there's a huge fog, and everyone with the issue has more and more time to draw their own conclusions. What if Roku/Paramount was hacked, and they don't want to let on? What if we were hacked, and they still have no idea? But in the grand scheme of things, here I am ranting because I can't stream Star Trek 🤣🤓🤷, not a big deal, just first world frustrating. Well, for now I'm just gonna go into guest mode and set the time for as long as I can, cause that worked.