Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retired5
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Channel will not open

After some research on the internet, I updated the software on my Samsung TV but that did not solve the problem. Seems like Samsung stopped supporting the Roku Channel on older TV's. I believe that I bought my Samsung 4K TV in 2015. The only way that I could get to the Roku Channel was to purchase a Roku Express 4k+ device. This connects to the TV using an HDMI cable that comes with the device. After installing the device, I an now able to access the  Roku Channel. Cost me $43 but solved the problem.

0 Kudos
rblaust
Reel Rookie

I'm in North Carolina and I'm having the same issue with my Samsung smart tv. I just get the message that the roku channel is temporarily not available. My roku tv works perfectly, as does the roku app on my Samsung Galaxy phone. This is very frustrating! 

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

@rblaust 

It's OK here on my Samsung. Using Verizon FIOS.

0 Kudos
mwisor
Reel Rookie

I have had the same issue for over a week.  Never had a problem before.

0 Kudos
mwisor
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable

Takashi, any update on this?

Re: The Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable on Samsung TV

I own a Samsung UHD 3D TV and I've been watching Roku TV shows for years without any issues. Within the past couple of weeks, all I get is a message that says, "The Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable Please try again in a few minutes. So, I keep checking back and trying because the definition of "temporarily" means TEMPORARILY!! And, you missed the period after the word unavailable. Morons! I'm not buying a Roku device to get free TV. Roku Channel Free TV for you. It isn't free if you have to purchase a "Roku" device. That is all. March 19, 2024

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable

Hi @mwisor,

Thanks for the follow-up!

Please be aware that the team is hard at work investigating the issue; we still haven't received any feedback back as of the moment, but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated while we investigate this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Jannacker

Unavailable Roku Channel on Samsung Smart TV

I have the Roku Channel App on my Samsung TV and it has worked perfectly until just recently. Now, when I click on the app, it takes a long time (30 seconds or so) and then says Roku is unavailable and to try again later. We've been trying for 3 weeks. We uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but no change. Prime, Hulu, and Netflix all stream normally, just not Roku. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unavailable Roku Channel on Samsung Smart TV

There's a long thread about it in the Channels & viewing section.  Apparently it's being looked into.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Northsouth
Reel Rookie

Re: Unavailable Roku Channel on Samsung Smart TV

In Wisconsin, same TVs (two, one 2016 and one 2017 Samsung), same issues with Weathernation, started approx one week ago.    Other apps on TV work.  Can access ROKU free TV and Weathernation just fine on computer, so ISP/modem etc not the issue.   Resets/dowloads do nothing.   

Just adding to the bodycount.

Cheers