Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable on Samsung TV

Hi @Kardav @BigTom,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for flagging this issue!

We want to further investigate this issue that you had with the Roku channel since you're unable to access it. Can you please provide the following information below?

• May we know if you have a Roku device that is plugged in at the back of your TV?
  • Are you getting any error messages or codes? If yes, could you send us a photo?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Will79
Reel Rookie

Check this out I have a Samsung model #un60ku6300  from 2016 same as "BigTom" only he's got the 70" I got the 60" but same tizen os same tv, also same issue!

What's going on here!? Id say it's SAMSUNG but they haven't pushed an update on these tvs In a while and not planning to being the tvs age but it worked fine up til about a week ago! Every other app works flawlessly! What is up here!? I hope it gets fixed 

Samsung tv model# un60ku6300fxza 

Tizen operating system version

1000010025.jpg

1000010027.jpg

1000010028.jpg

1000010030.jpg

0 Kudos
Will79
Reel Rookie

Samsung tv model #

Un60ku6300fxza 

Tizen version #1260

It's the roku app downloaded not anything plugged into tv. Worked perfect until about a week or so ago hope this helps! 

1000010025.jpg

1000010027.jpg

1000010029.jpg

1000010030.jpg

0 Kudos
LouF
Channel Surfer

That's the same error message I see when I allow an on-demand request to time out.

I made a separate thread because I wasn't sure if you all were talking about the Roku app on your Samsung TV or something else:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Roku-app-no-longer-working-on-Samsung-QN50QN90AAFXZA/...

Does any of that sound like what you are seeing? (No on-demand content and many Live channels showing a black screen)

0 Kudos
LouF
Channel Surfer

I may be having the same problem discussed in this thread although it looks like my TV is much newer than the ones listed there:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Roku-Channel-is-temporarily-unavailable/m-p/954365/hi...

0 Kudos
retired5
Reel Rookie

Roku Channel will not open

I have a Samsung Smart TV with ROKU Channel preloaded. When I click on Roku Channel, after a long pause I receive a message "The Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes".

I purchased this TV a few years ago and this is the first time that I  have tried to connect with the Roku Channel. Is there something that I need to do in setup to access Roku Channel? I have another TV that has fire TV and have no issue opening fire TV and viewing programs.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting the issue you've encountered here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing the issue you've encountered to our attention with The Roku Channel on Samsung TV. We want to assure you that we take all feedback seriously and have investigated the matter thoroughly. After reviewing the details you provided, we have forwarded the information to the appropriate Roku team for further review and resolution. Once more development has been acquired, we'll provide an update in this thread.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
BigTom
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel will not open

There are 4 or 5 other Samsung Smart TV users who are having the same problem as you.  In my case, the Roku channel app worked great for years but stopped working about a week ago. My other apps (Hulu, YouTube, Tizen, etc) work well and continue to work well. Based on Roku support Emails to me, Roku support has escalated the problem to Roku second-level support for a solution.

Do a search of Roku channel and Samsung Smart TV to find other details.

BigTom
Channel Surfer

Hi RenoJim,

Assuming you live in Reno, NV, I live in Sparks, NV and I find your question interesting.  My problem is that the Roku Channel on Samsung Smart TV (NOT Roku device) stopped working a week ago after working well for years.  My other apps still work fine.  I do not use a VPN and use Spectrum for internet service.

My Samsung Smart TV does allow me to block ads and I did turn on ad-blocking but I do not limit content in any way.  I am 75 and my wife is 74 so we don't care about seeing adult content. 

We have received Emails from Roku saying they have elevated our problem to second-level Roku support.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@BigTom, yep (South Meadows).  I've been thinking of trying it on my Samsung TV (I won at R.C. Willey last year), but I haven't set up its "smart" features (oddly enough, because I don 't feel like agreeing to their legal terms).  Have you tried turning off the ad blocking?

Here's a joke for you that I heard shortly after I moved to Reno 20 years ago:

Reno, so close to Hades you can see Sparks!  🙂  Of course, I don't agree.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.