Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RellikS
Channel Surfer

The Apprentice with Donald Trump is not playing the correct show, a Roku conspiracy?

I wanted to watch Donald Trump's The Apprentice TV show.  I looked it up, and it does have this show, enter the title page, and there you go, you see The Donald's face right there, then when you start the show, it's definitely 100% not The Apprentice with Trump.

But the episodes are some Spanish show, and couldn't be more opposite to being The Apprentice, I find it hard to believe it's not done on purpose. How many shows have you gone to, and it ends up not being the correct show as advertised?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist at heart, most of the time. But this one is hard not to, with how many companies and people you see now days against this guy, it's prob some snowflake employee's way of initiation to be a part of antifa. This was the way in. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The Apprentice with Donald Trump is not playing the correct show, a Roku conspiracy?

@RellikS 

A casual stroll through this forum will show you all manner of similar complaints about different shows of all sorts of natures.  There's no conspiracy involved.

Assuming this is on The Roku channel ...

The information obtained from Roku search results is provided by the sources of the material.  I think some of the various services from which Roku obtains its content use other database services for providing program descriptions.  Somewhere along the line somebody makes a bad connection.

Paging Roku employees @RokuDanny-R, @RokuKariza-D @RokuMary-F and any other moderators so they can pass this issue on to proper people.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: The Apprentice with Donald Trump is not playing the correct show, a Roku conspiracy?

Just what did you use to "look it up"? The Roku search listed two channels. The Roku channel and Canela TV. It seems like two shows with the same title were mixed up. Don't go down the conspiracy rabbit hole. It's probably a simple computer title match in the database.

I check both Reelgood and JustWatch, and neither one lists the original series. That seems to imply it is not actually available.

0 Kudos
RellikS
Channel Surfer

0 Kudos
RellikS
Channel Surfer

so serious!!!  the conspiracy is for a laugh, but would like it to work is all.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

I did a search right on the Roku, and as noted, it listed it on both Roku Channel and that other Spanish language one. Some sources point to that Roku Channel entry, but most others just say it is not available for streaming.

https://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/the-apprentice/1000109630/ 

It looks like Tubi may have carried it, but it's just a "remind me" link right now:

https://tubitv.com/series/3785/the-apprentice 

It looks like MGM currently owns the rights, which is owned by Amazon. Maybe it might come out on Freevee or be available for buy/rent on Prime.

RellikS
Channel Surfer

Thanks. It must be Roku doesn't have rights to the apprentice. And should be under what ever the show that it plays.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.