Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeepsterH
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Channel App not playing

Jump to solution

Already did that as well.  Still not working.  After hitting the "resume watching" button multiple times in a row,  it started to play,  went to an ad break,  finished the entire ad break, and kicked out to the title screen just as before.

Lorriane

TV shows and movies won't load

Jump to solution

I can open the ROKU app on my TV and ROKU USB, but when I choose an episode to watch or a movie and click "play", there is the loading page, then it goes back to the previous page without playing anything. When, sometimes, i do get to start the show, it eventually stops in the middle, brings me back to the show's page and the indicator doesn't show that I've watched part of the episode and won't let me go back to it (loading page then back to the show page).

I have closed my TV, unplugged it, checked for updates, disconnected the ROKU USB, etc. It sometimes works for a few minutes just to crash and not work again.  

Rubydixie
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel crashing after playing adverts

Jump to solution

Thanks for reply jontalk, yes, I’ve tried those troubleshooting procedures.

0 Kudos
Cozylogcabin
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel not playing full episodes

Jump to solution

I followed your steps and it continues to do the same thing.  Prior to that I had restarted, I had reset network connections, I even did the factory reset.  You can go back to the movie/episode and no matter clicking on resume or watch from the beginning it loops back to that screen.  I have 2 Roku Express and it is doing it on both, all on the Roku channel.  I have cleared all continue watching channels just to see if it was something to do with memory, but it made no difference.  We attempted to watch something new and the same thing happened about 15 minutes into the show.  

Is there anyway to clear history from our account?  Factory reset does not change anything except our network and user information.

Started watching something new again and shortly after the commercial ended it stopped playing and back to the episode screen.  Would not let me continue, nor watch from the beginning. I just loads the same screen to resume......

(The network download speed is good and the wifi connection is good too)

CrystalP

Jump to solution

The exact same thing is happening with us.  None of those proposed fixes works.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Cozylogcabin,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We want to investigate this matter further and we appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting it. Can you please provide the following information?

• When did the issue?
  • What is the current software version of your Roku device? (Settings, System, and About)
  • Is this the only channel that you are having any issues with?

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tallwood

Re: TV shows and movies won't load

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same issue. Started last night (May 14) mid-show, still happening now.

0 Kudos
CrystalP

Jump to solution

We are having the exact same problem as @Cozylogcabin 

We have tried all the troubleshooting suggested.

This just started this evening (but we didn't use the roku yesturday).   It is only the Roku channel.  It is only the on demand shows.  Live shows are ok for us.  The Roku channel is current and there are no updates for it.

The software version of the roku is 12.5.5  Build 4174-AE

rsjones
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing exactly happening to me too for the last couple of days. Started yesterday. Fixes dont work. Software version 12.5.5 Build:4174

csavoy

Re: TV shows and movies won't load

Jump to solution

We're having the same issue as well (May 14 & 15). Very annoying. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.