Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jo25Ruiz
Channel Surfer

TV randomly pops up the channel info menu

I already tried the home and back button five times it did nothing.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Stevenna
Reel Rookie

Re: TV randomly pops up the channel info menu

Hi Everyone,

My problem resolved when I got rid of the TCL ROKU TV. I really like the platform and the TV was OK-Very Good. The LCD started shadowing on the TCL and the ROKO live TV issue together put my frustration level over the top. I bought a Sony A80k open box at Best buy, its a g00gle/And0id TV. The live TV on that along with the live channel functionality blows away the ROKU AND I can still load the ROKU TV app if i want, so, problem solved..... 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jo25Ruiz,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here at the Roku Community, and welcome!

Thanks for flagging us about this behavior you're seeing, and we'd like to know how we can help you.

Could you tell us when you started seeing this or how long you've been experiencing it? In trying to solve the issue, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jo25Ruiz
Channel Surfer

Yesterday night, now roku tv  updated it, got back to normal. This is not the first time, it has happened before.

0 Kudos
Jo25Ruiz
Channel Surfer

Thank you, if my TCL Roku TV continues to have more problems than I will just buy a new TV

0 Kudos
Jo25Ruiz
Channel Surfer

The menu popped up again. We had this problem for a long time. We tried restarting the TV, unplugging the wireless, and it did not help. It is a TV problem.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Jo25Ruiz

Thanks for providing us with updates.

We'd be more than glad to assist you further with this, and we'll need further information. Kindly provide the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

We hope to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jo25Ruiz
Channel Surfer

Well the TV is now good. Here is more information just in case it goes bad again. 

Roku Device Model: 55US57-W

Serial Number: YW00HY512635

Device ID: 8N900H512635

Software OS/version: 12.5.0 build 4176-22

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Jo25Ruiz

We appreciate you for providing the information, and we hope this issue won't reoccur. But, we would still need one more information for us to investigate this issue further which is the Tracking ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jo25Ruiz
Channel Surfer

Tracking ID number: 35-522-721

0 Kudos