Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot access TCM (09/2021 ver 1.0, build 81) - format changed - will not allow me to sign in.

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee 

So maybe my supposition that it is a problem with one or more specific provider logins may not have been such a bad guess.

Once again, my tv provider is DirecTV.

@grant5@mop_891@NathanCa81@AK2021and anybody else with this problem -- who is your tv provider?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot access TCM (09/2021 ver 1.0, build 81) - format changed - will not allow me to sign in.

Jump to solution

Could very well be. On optimum here still no go as I write this.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@makaiguy 

All 9 of my Rokus successfully load and authenticate TCM version 1.0.81 (2710, 3800, 3810 x2, 3910, 3941, 4670, 4800 x2)

However, the 2710 will play audio without video for 30-60 seconds, then crash to Home (same as with version 1.0.69)

TV provider is YTTV.

If it is a TVE (TV Everywhere) combined with SSO (Single Sign On) issue it should be experienced AFTER being presented with authentication and AFTER the first authentication attempt (successful or not).

But that isnt what is being reported by and large, though its still possible.

FTR, I've never used Settings/Sign-In to activate - I just select whatever movie is currently displayed at Home and play it (it then takes me to the sign in/activation screen).

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Use WATCH TCM app crashed

Jump to solution

@dienhoasaigon wrote:

Hello everyone! I have a question
Have been using WATCH TCM app. I getting message.

“We apologize for the inconvenience but the requested title is not available at this time. Please select a different title.”

I removed app & added again. Still same message no matter what title i choose and including watch live. I very much need help.

Thank you!

When you reinstall an app, the correct order is 1) Remove  2) Restart  3) Reinstall

If you havent already tried reinstalling TCM, you should (it may or may not work):

1) Remove the TCM app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the TCM app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

However, there are lots of problems with the latest TCM app updates:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Watch-TCM-not-working-after-July-15-2021-upda...

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Cannot-access-TCM-format-changed-will-not-all...

Otherwise, make sure you report the TCM app to Roku/TCM:

Highlight Watch TCM/Options (*)/Give us Feedback/Video wont play

https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

0 Kudos
Vachon321
Streaming Star

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. The new app crashes. Does anyone know what is going on?

0 Kudos
Vachon321
Streaming Star

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

Yes, the TCM app does NOT work with the ROKU ULtra. It keeps crashing. The older models don't have this problem (I have both). Are they working to fix this dreadful bug, does anyone know?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Vachon321 

Yes, they are aware and have acknowledged it - as to when a fix will be available is anyone's guess (Monday is mine).

In the meantime, if you havent already try reinstalling TCM on your Ultra you should (works for some):

1)  Remove TCM

2) Restart Roku  <-- dont forget this step

3) Reinstall TCM

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Vachon321 

See the post immediately above yours that links to a different thread? Follow that.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

email fro TCM

Reply from TCM:

Kathy (TCM Help Center)

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to TCM. We’re sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with Watch TCM. Our team has identified the issue that is impacting some Roku devices and are currently working on implementing a fix. Meanwhile, Watch TCM is available on multiple platforms; click here to see how you can watch!

Thank you for your patience while we resolve this issue; we’ll keep you updated on our progress with the fix. Please let us know if you need anything in the meantime.

Best,
Kathy at TCM

So, hang in there. I'll post if and when TCM gets back to me.

0 Kudos
bijoudarma
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've tried to sign out severals time from the TCM app, but the channel just shuts down, returning to the main menu. I've removed the channel twice now and re-installed it, the same issue occurs repeatedly.
How can this be fixed?

0 Kudos