Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming channels no longer showing channel number

Not sure if this was an update/change to the guide but on my onn 24 inch roku tv the streaming channels are no longer showing their channel numbers. Instead they are showing the channels logo. Problem is I've come to know the channels by number and I can't see the logos that well, just too small. Is there anyway to get the numbers back? Also the OTA channels still show their numbers and logos/call signs too.

106 REPLIES 106
GYD

Re: Streaming channels no longer showing channel number

Noticed the same issue with our ONN Roku TV. The channel numbers on Roku Live have disappeared from the guide.  Instead there are channel Logos or icons that are too small to be helpful. How can we get the numbers back?

jrbentley517
Channel Surfer

I'm having the exact same problem on my Roku TV. I turned it off and on, that did not fix it. Then I did a system reset and that did not fix it. If this is some kind of update I sure hope they fix it soon. I really like the channel numbers showing on there.

EricDossey
Reel Rookie

Same thing with me.  No channel numbers on listed channels.

Eric Dossey

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

"The Live TV Channel Guide is getting an upgrade, with personalized ordering of 400+ channels, as well as the removal of channel numbers to enable simpler browsing."

https://www.roku.com/blog/os-12-5

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jrbentley517
Channel Surfer

Removing the channel numbers is not a good idea!

I use those numbers to quickly surf and access the channels. 

My next TV will not be a Roku. 

Kitkatz
Reel Rookie

Simpler browsing? I can't even begin to read what the logos say. Goodbye Roku channel, plenty of others to watch.

jrbentley517
Channel Surfer

I totally agree! 

gball
Reel Rookie

This was a ridiculous move. Before this you could go to the exact channel you wanted. Now you have to spend extra time searching for what you want to watch. That is if you can read any of it. I hope no one got a raise for this bright idea!

jrbentley517
Channel Surfer

I will definitely not be watching the Roku channel and when I buy a new TV, it will not be a Roku. And I'll also let others know how sorry they are.

Who in their right mind would think getting rid of the channel numbers would be a good idea? NOT! 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.