Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
randy8245
Channel Surfer

Re: Streaming channels no longer showing channel number

Removing the channel numbers and having a disorganized channel list that is non-functional to say the least is not an "upgrade"...

This needs to be rolled back and not messed with by kids who just want to change stuff...

Klmbear

Mine is like that too, i have a 50 inch tv and can’t make out what most of them are.  I guess the solution is save up for a 100 inch tv

Dimomma
Reel Rookie

What a mess!  No rhyme or reason for this idiotic change.  I used to be able to search by sub-sections.  I DO NOT know what the network is by heart!  I DO NOT like going through the whole channel list to find a channel. If ROKU was trying to alienate customers, they certainly did by implementing this change.  It's aggravating and frustrating.  I thought it was my TV and did a reset.  Dirty dogs!

GGRocks
Channel Surfer

How is this making 'simpler browsing' when it takes you longer to find the channel you want.  Was this tested at all to see what customer's wanted?  Just curious.  

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted!
We want to thank you for getting in touch with us and let you know how much we value your opinion regarding the recent modifications. We'll make sure that your comment is shared with the appropriate Roku team so that it may be further evaluated.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
barny1

Very bad idea to remove the channel numbers. This makes it more difficult for the consumer to navigate. It appears the decision makers think it's a bright idea.

Good Bye Roku! 

Plutjen

Stupidest move ever. I cannot find any of my favorite channels anymore. Why doesn’t Roku ask their viewers if that would make it better for viewing to remove channels? I have bad eyesight & I cannot see the logos and I have no idea where to find anything anymore. I’m buying a new tv and it won’t be a Roku!!!

DebiM19950
Reel Rookie

I cannot believe they have removed the numeric channels and think this will make streaming easier. Roku has ads with channel numbers. They (Roku) will be responsible to remake or edit these ads to delete the numbers since they have dropped them.  Whoever developed this update needs to make the numbers available in the channel setting.

Sarge2

I lost all channel numbers and all over the air channels.  I do have a bunch of **bleep** that I never had before.  I live in Illinois and do not care about the local Las Angelas news

gustople

I don't know what's worse  , can't read the logos, up close have to take glasses of to read remote, with numbers you knew where to go.  I could careless about all the categories, that's why you have channel surfing to watch what you want.  Categories with programs, never do this on anything,  this is just not friendly. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.