Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amcm

Re: Stop playing spanish commercials in usa!

Please STOP the Spanish commercials! This is ridiculous! We live in the USA and speak English!   Would I go live in a spanish speaking country and 'force' them to start watching EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL IN SPANISH??????? I don't think so.....

wzqjzt
Reel Rookie

Amen!!

Maybe we need a petition for this? Those commercials are still being aired!

Tammy0914

Re: Stop the spanish ads on english language chosen content!!!!

Ok... then how do we get English back for our commercials over Spanish? 

LilMama54
Reel Rookie

The frustrating part is that I switched to streaming to avoid commercials (English or Spanish) and now most streaming services have adopted commercials anyway. Regardless if Americans choose to learn other languages or not (I personally would love to learn several) you are 100% correct that some Americans appear silly when they travel to other countries where English isn’t spoken & they make a fool of themselves. That example points to the argument that I & others are trying to make, when Americans or any other language speaking people travel or move to other countries they should not expect the entire country they are visiting or moving to will change their language, tv ads, grocery store aisles, products, etc in order to appease English speaking visitors or transplants. I personally have lived in Germany & Turkey & know for a fact they would have laughed all of the Americans & other English speakers completely out of their countries if any of us would have expected everything to be changed in order for us to be able to read labels or understand everything people were saying. With all that being said companies, including streaming services, in America should keep product lines, streaming platforms, etc in line with the majority who live there & pay for their goods/services. It’s just plain ole common sense. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings Community users,

We truly appreciate you keeping us informed, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Please know that we have escalated this to the Roku team for a thorough investigation.

Once more, we'll keep this thread posted for any additional updates about this.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Jenstoh2

We just got Roku recently but these Spanish ads are upsetting. I live in America not Mexico. Our language is English. Maybe they need to learn English to watch American Tv

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Jenstoh2,

We appreciate your post in the Roku Community!

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We want all of our customers to have a positive experience when using Roku, and We understand that this wasn't the case for you. We're going to share this feedback with our internal Ads team so they can take a closer look at it.  

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fix1tnow
Reel Rookie

The ION channel most of the time

Even in the apps installed on the Roku. Like Fubo

Ads for McDonalds, Gain, Swiffer, Mr. Clean, Tide, Coors, many more..

0 Kudos
Fix1tnow
Reel Rookie

I believe that is what simulcasting is for..  Also, what is the purpose for selecting our language setting if it is going to be ignored? This didn't used to be an issue, so what changed? It seems political..

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.