Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amy248

Every time I try to watch NewsMax I get booted back to the Home Screen!

Each time I attempt to stream Newsmax I get booted off back to the Home Screen. I have had Newsmax on for 45 minutes this morning and I’ve been booted off 16 times. I’m not going to give in due to the fact that I believe that we are being censored.

NONE of the other channels have ever done this, not once. So why is it only Newsmax? Which happens to be a Conservative news channel? Censorship happens everywhere and after reading how many people are experiencing this same issue I’m really beginning to wonder.

I have deleted the channel and re-loaded it, I’ve tried everything mentioned on how to fix the issue but none have worked. This problem is happening on both of our Roku TV’s, one has a fire stick and one does not.

This issue has been going on for 4 months and just keeps getting worse. Just this morning it has booted me off 30 times. I would like an answer to why this is only happening when I attempt to watch Newsmax. In my personal opinion it appears a bit “fishy.”

Thank you in advance for your timely response.

Amy Andersen 

#bootedoffnewsmax #cannotstreamnewsmax #issueswithstreamingnewsmax #kickedoffnewsmax 

10 REPLIES 10
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Every time I try to watch NewsMax I get booted back to the Home Screen!

Hi @Amy248,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

We recommend performing the steps below to resolve the issue:

1. Remove the NewsMax channel by highlighting it and pressing the Star (*) button.
2. Restart the Roku device from Settings > System > System Restart. (Note that this is a crucial step to properly clearing the cache of a certain channel.)
3. Install the NewsMax channel again. Select Channel Store > Search for the app and Click Add channel.

After performing these troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, we suggest you contact NewsMax channel support directly to inquire further since it's most likely an isolated issue. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves. 

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bellarom

Followed your instructions twice and does not work

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bellarom,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

At this point, you appear to have performed plenty of excellent troubleshooting. To report the problem and obtain assistance, we advise contacting the channel provider's customer service team. Roku channels are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this situation, a problem within that particular channel probably requires an update from them.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
StaceyZak

Me too. "Thanks, Biden!"

0 Kudos
VCP

Same here. It’s ridiculous the level of censorship. Not only the mainstream media does not report the corruption but now we can’t even watch the channels that do. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

There is no censorship happening here. If Roku didn't want their app/channel available on their devices, they wouldn't approve it in their channel store.

When a channel doesn't work, it's not because Roku did anything. The channel developer is completely responsible for the functionality of their channel. Roku merely provides the platform. If Newsmax isn't working, you need to contact Newsmax. They are the only ones that can fix a misbehaving channel.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
3putt

Your organization should be able to fix this issue and not push it off on your subscribers... can someone please push this up the line...Please!! 

This would not happen with a Disney issue!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@3putt wrote:

This would not happen with a Disney issue!

It has in the past. There's been issues with Disney+ and HBO MAX, as well as other major providers, plenty of times. Again, it's up to the provider to fix their programming in the app. Roku doesn't have access to the programming of these channels, so only the providers can fix them. 

And no, it's not the responsibility of Roku to monitor the function of the channels available on their devices. If you've looked through their channel store, there are many 1000s of channels available on Roku. The end users are the best equipped to alert the provider and give them the information needed to troubleshoot and resolve problems. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Ruthann

I get the same thing happening. Lately I've been having to sign in again.  Just happened now and it's telling me source unavailable. And yes I dont have an issue with other streaming channels

0 Kudos