Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAS75
Reel Rookie

Spectrum app not working again!!

Day 2 of the spectrum app not working. I’ve tried everything that has been listed in previous post. This is getting to be ridiculous at this point. Every month it doesn’t work and no it’s not my internet and no it’s not on spectrums end. Please get your techs to fix this please. 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Spectrum app not working again!!

Thanks for letting us know about this concern, @MAS75.

May we know the specific issue you're having with the Spectrum app? Was it not loading on some shows? Or can you not entirely access the Spectrum app? Also, was the issue persistent on this app only? Lastly, what have you done so far to have this issue fixed?

We're trying to gather as much information as possible so we can provide an accurate resolution.

We'll appreciate your response regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MAS75
Reel Rookie

Like I said I’ve tried every step that has been listed in previous post. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Unplugged modem and router for 2 mins. Internet connection is excellent. Called spectrum it’s NOT on their end. No channels are working. 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Unfortunately, your first post refers to a “previous post” so I’m guessing at what you’ve done.  Do you see a problem with other apps?  You have referred to “spectrums end”, but Spectrum runs the servers, and Spectrum wrote the Spectrum app that is running on your Roku, so they are largely in control of both ends. 

Now if no apps work on the Roku, then something beyond Spectrum is wrong, but if it’s just spectrum’s app talking to spectrum’s servers, then it is much more likely to be Spectrum, since the only other parts are the Roku device, your router and Wi-Fi system, your ISP, and the internet connection to Spectrum.  And if other apps work, that tends to point away from Roku, your Wi-Fi, and probably your ISP as well.  (Unless you ISP is by mistake or design is not routing to Spectrum correctly.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
MAS75
Reel Rookie

Every other app is working on my tv except for spectrum. I’ve called spectrum they said it’s not their app it’s on your end. I’ve even when to the extent of resetting my whole tv and still nothing. Everything with my internet and WiFi are good. 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Well it's definitely not my end. 😀

If it's only the spectrum app, then give spectrum another call.  Are they your ISP as well or are you using someone else?

0 Kudos
MAS75
Reel Rookie

Of course it’s not on Rokus end🙄. Just like how the Netflix app isn’t on Rokus end. 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Well, I would hope that it’s obvious that I don’t work for Roku.  I mean, does that look like the signature of a Roku employee??? 

I’m just a user trying to help you debug your issue. All other apps working does suggest that it’s not a Roku platform issue.  That’s not to say that Spectrum’s app couldn’t be running into a bug on the Roku platform, but even if that were so, the fact that all other apps are working suggests that most app developers can easily code around the alleged bug.

If Spectrum’s application developers have discovered some Roku bug, then they would surely notify Roku, and then immediately start coding around it.  Application code-arounds are nearly always quicker than OS fixes (sometimes by years).

I’m not sure what your Netflix reference is.  I thought you said all other apps were working? (And yes, Netflix wrote the current Netflix app.  If you go back to ~2007, Roku and Netflix were closely linked, but since 2008, Roku is an independent platform.)

0 Kudos
SubCool
Channel Surfer

I've been having the same issue.
It's roku, again.
We need a way to force close an app. The home button doesn't kill the app.

I've had issues with roku before. They will blame the dirt if they can well before they admit, or fix something.
My grand father is having the issue. I don't use roku. Which makes this worse and proves why roku should either step up, or step out.

I've Google how to force close an app. #1 response is press home button.
I just hard reset the device, because that's what's ALWAYS required when roku breaks.

Good luck, you're not alone.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry, but Spectrum is blowing you all off. Of course it's their app/channel. They are the developers of the app, not Roku. If everything else is working on the Roku, then there's no networking issue, and there's no Roku issue. The problem is with Spectrum, plain and simple. 

Spectrum has a history of less than stellar support for their Roku app. They also have a history of blaming Roku for their app's performance. But they are the only ones that have access to the programming of their app. There's nothing Roku can do to fix a problem with a provider's app/channel. They simply provide the platform, and others build the apps/channels available. The only channels Roku is responsible for is The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.