Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bgarver58

Is Roku will not support free speech and Newsmax?

Please let everybody know that Roku will not support free speech and Newsmax. If people know this they wouldn’t buy Roku 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

You are spouting nonsense. If Roku didn't support "free speech" the channel wouldn't be available in the channel store. But it's there, and you can install and use it. If it's not working on your Roku, then there's a problem with the channel. Only Newsmax can fix their channel if it doesn't work. Roku doesn't provide channels for 3rd party providers. 

There's no conspiracy at Roku to block channels from working. That would be a stupid business decision. If they didn't want a particular provider to be available on their devices, they simply wouldn't approve them for the channel store. Since it's there, it's quite obvious that Roku is not doing what you think they're doing.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Bgarver58 

There is currently something affecting the Search Results within Roku devices.  If you cannot find a channel/app by searching on the device, then try using the online Roku Channel Store. (https://channelstore.roku.com/browse)

The Newsmax channel/app did not appear for me (other than the Roku Channel LiveTV, ch.190), but is available from online store to install. https://channelstore.roku.com/search/newsmax

I haven't used the standalone Newsmax channel/app for awhile now.  Many of the free channels/apps like Roku Channel, Pluto,  Xumo, Plex, and Rumble carry Newsmax so I normally just watch it on one of those.

I did just verify the standalone channel/app is available for install and is currently working.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.