Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Errgo

Specific show on Roku channel is stuck in spanish

For some reason the movie Frozen (where the get stuck on the ski lift - NOT the cartoon) is also stuck in Spanish or French? Audio preferred language is English, Subtitles is in English, Also Settings/System/Language is set to English.   Wish there was a way to just choose what language we wanted from inside the show.    

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Specific show on Roku channel is stuck in spanish

@Errgo 

Frozen (2010) is playing correctly in English on the other free channels/apps Fawesome, Redbox, Freevee, and Tubi. 

Paging @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , @RokuMary-F to address the Spanish audio track issue occuring on the Roku Channel showing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Errgo,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

lsbroadwater
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuMary-F 

This is also a problem with Season 1 of Dummy (the Anna Kendrick series, not the movie). I watched it previously in English but now the only audio option is Spanish. I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@lsbroadwater 

I bounced through a few different episodes of Dummy and had both English and Spanish audio tracks available to select.

Have you tried pressing the * button on the Roku remote while the episode is playing, selecting "Accessibility and captions", then "Audio Track", English.

Other way is to press the Pause button, then press the Up arrow button to highlight Captions and Audio Track, which will bring up the above menu.

0 Kudos
lsbroadwater
Reel Rookie

Hi! I don't have a device. I'm watching online, and the only options for audio track are Spanish. (English was an option a few weeks ago.) Other than the audio track selection within the watch screen, which now only offers Spanish, I cannot find a setting to change the audio track. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@lsbroadwater 

Normally, for the online Roku Channel,  you just hover over the captioning icon in lower right of screen to bring up the Language Selection. (see image).  If you pause the video, the menu overlay banner should appear as well.

And you are correct, the English audio track is missing from the online viewing of Dummy (2020) on the Roku Channel.  https://therokuchannel.roku.com/details/bb912df0dc4b5c23b51b7ddab3db92c9/dummy

The device viewing of Dummy (2020) appears to be working correctly with both English and Spanish audio tracks available.

----

Paging @RokuMary-F , @RokuKariza-D , and @RokuDanny-R so they can forward this issue to the team to correct.

click on image to enlarge.

Dummy_lsbroadwater.png

0 Kudos