Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simons007
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound issues Directv app with Roku

Jump to solution

I made this exact same argument a year ago. No response from Roku. It is a Roku issue as no other devices' audio codec (apple/fire stick) craps out on the DirecTv stream.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community, @Simons007.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and sincerely regret any difficulties this may have caused you. No worries. We're more than willing to further review your concern and find you the best resolution possible. 

Just to confirm, do the audio issues you've been experiencing only happen to the DirectTV app? If so, would you mind providing us with a video of it for reference? Additionally, what troubleshooting steps have you taken to try and resolve the issue?

The best course of action will be suggested once we have a better understanding of the situation. We'll be anticipating your response.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
joebios01
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly I have a video of the issue. Please provide instructions for upload (.mp4 format).

Also see: Sound-issues-Directv-app-with-Roku 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @joebios01,

Thanks for your assistance!

You can send it as a PM and attach that video file. On the top right corner, you'll be able to see a video icon where you can attach the file.

Let us know if you need a hand. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
u301208

Jump to solution

I’ve read all of the responses, and it is exactly what I am experiencing at 2 homes and 6 televisions. The audio will go completely loud and statically or very low where you can’t hear it. Switch tv channels and back to the original and it will go back to normal, but will happen again eventually, maybe in a few short minutes. My son had the exact same issue, switched to Firestick and no longer has an issue. Getting ready to change 6 Rokus out for Firesticks.

0 Kudos
ororoorslkajd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I turned off "volume leveling" it seems to work so far, fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
joebios01
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

When is Roku intending to address this?

DirecTV audio corruption sample 1 

DirecTV audio corruption sample 2 

0 Kudos
ororoorslkajd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

this fixed issue for me

0 Kudos
joebios01
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You're likely fooling yourself. The audio glitches come in various forms. Some short ones 'fool' the volume leveling resulting in a sudden drop in volume. These are usually recoverable without user interaction. Others are latched up in the hardware and are persistent as shown in the posted samples until you reset the stream by doing a play -15s. I suggest some patience before declaring victory...

0 Kudos
ororoorslkajd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

2 weeks no issues, where before it was hourly.  I'm confident this has fixed the issue, doesn't hurt for others to try.

0 Kudos