Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: sound delayed on Live TV (only) - Hulu

Hi @riegelj,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue, but we need more details about what you are seeing. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, Device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.
Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
riegelj
Channel Surfer

The problem occured on Hulu live TV. I notice it the most on NFL network mainly because I watch it a lot. It seems to always occur after Hulu commercials. My wife did notice it once on YouTube. I have a Roku Streambar Pro device. I did a factory reset on the streambar and that didn't resolve the issue. I also tried clearing the Roku Cache and that also did not resolve the issue. I also defaulted the TV sound settings and that also didn't resolve the issue.

Roku device model: 9101R2 - Streambar Pro

Serial number: YL00H8525444

Device ID: 3K629H525444

software OS/version: 12.0.0 build 4183-95

Channel: Hulu - NFL Network - (Show) NFL Throwback

Version/build 6.71 build 1

Tracker ID: 44-309-714

Timestamp: 2023-08-04T01:54:34Z

Steps to reproduce: Watch NFL Total Access (any show that has talking) on the NFL Network using Hulu live TV and wait for commercials in particular a set of commercials that contained a Hulu commercial.

Here is another 

Tracker ID: 44-3l11-709

Timestamp: 2023-08-05T11:09:13Z

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @riegelj,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We certainly appreciate you for providing the requested information. Please be advised that we have taken note of the details, and we've passed it with the team. Aside from this, it might be a better option to contact the channel provider directly (Hulu) and inquire further about the issue. Channel providers develop and maintain their channels on the Roku platform, and they might have a direct solution to this issue.

Please keep us posted, and update us if you hear back from them.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
riegelj
Channel Surfer

I have contacted Hulu they don't have a solution. Everything I read indicates a problem with ROKU. From what I have been able to gather the Ad's sometimes change resolution and framerates which causes the out of sync condition when adjusting back to the programming. I also heard it is more prevalent on 4K ROKU devices and a workaround may be to drop the resolution to 1080P which I have not tried yet. 

0 Kudos
riegelj
Channel Surfer

Another item I learned is that If I use the Roku app that is on my smart TV instead of the Roku app that is on the streambar pro I don't have the issue, so it appears to be something with the strambar pro.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @riegelj.

Thanks for getting back to us and sharing additional information about this. This has already been escalated by @RokuTakashi.

We'll make sure to update this thread once we have more information available.

In the meantime, we'll need your patience and understanding.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator