Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheRose
Reel Rookie

My new roku TV won't let me play Gilmore Girls on Netflix

My new roku TV won't let me play Gilmore Girls either. It's a roku 40 inch FHD 1080P.

Interestingly, I also have a roku select 50 inch 4K HDR TV that plays Gilmore girls just fine.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

My new roku TV won't let me play Gilmore Girls on Netflix

Hi @TheRose,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

No worries, we'd be more than happy to assist you regarding your playback issues with the movie Gilmore Girls on the Netflix app on your Roku TV.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, such as removing the app, performing a system reboot, then reinstalling the app? If not, we highly suggest trying to perform this process to see if this fixes your playback issue. Just follow the steps provided below for reference:

1. Remove the Netflix app by highlighting them and pressing the Star* button.
  2. Perform a system reboot by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll and select Settings > System > Power (if this option is unavailable, skip to the next step) > System restart.
  3. Reinstall the app by navigating back to your Home screen. Scroll and select Store > Select Channel, then look for the Netflix app > Add channel.

Please make sure that this process has been done precisely to work. Let us know if the issue still persists and we'd be more than willing to further assist you with this as we are committed to finding a solution to your concerns.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
TheRose
Reel Rookie

Re: My new roku TV won't let me play Gilmore Girls on Netflix

Carly,

To be completely frank, I wasn't going to try uninstalling and reinstalling because the person above me said it didn't work for them, and I thought it would be a hassle.  Additionally, it was only malfunctioning when I was trying to watch Gilmore Girls, so I figured I could just watch Gilmore girls in the living room.

However, this morning, I tried watching Karate Kid on Netflix, and that failed also! So I did what you recommended - and thank you for including those steps in your notes - and uninstalled, restarted the system, and then reinstalled Netflix.

I have been watching Gilmore Girls now for the last 6 minutes,  and it has not turned off, so I think your solution has worked for me!

Previously it would only let me watch for less than 30 seconds.

Carly, Thank you very much! 

0 Kudos