Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericksenr
Reel Rookie

Re: Sling stopped working, was working before

Jump to solution

Yes! Neil Baxter’s solution worked for me by turning off pi-hole server or whitelisting dpm.demdex.net. (Pi-hole is a homelab dns filter. Thanks!

dshiv

Jump to solution

My Roku stick is 3500X which is not in the Unsupported list.

Still I get an error msg saying Sling does not support my device.

Any other suggestions ?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @dshiv!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

Before proceeding, may we know if you have an active subscription to the app? If so, is it under Roku or directly from the app? 

Furthermore, is the the only app affected by this? If so, we highly recommend troubleshooting the app by removing the channel (navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing "Remove channel.") After doing so, try restarting your device from Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System Restart. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku channel store and add the channel again. We need to make sure that this troubleshooting method has been done precisely to work. 

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. We'll be waiting!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ImNotAlone

Jump to solution

demdex[dot]net is an ad and tracking service. No way i'm whitelisting that on my network. I'll toss my streaming stick before I go that route.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.