Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palladini
Channel Surfer

Why am I seeing comercials for channels I cannot find

I see commercials for programs, but I cannot find the channels, even the ones that show a channel, that channel does not appear on my menu.  I have the search set to all channels.

I do live in Canada, so are some channels not available because of location?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why am I seein comercials for channels I cannot find

Hi @Palladini,

Welcome to the Roku Community and we're sorry for the delay in our response about this.

Please be aware if you're trying to look for a specific channel and no result is found that means that channel is not available on the platform or may not be offered in your region. Most of the channels on Roku are managed and handled directly by the channel provider themselves and their availability. You may need to contact the channel provider for more information about this.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Palladini
Channel Surfer

So how do I go about contacting the Channel provider when the channel number is not shown in the commercial?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Palladini,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the nudge!

Could you tell us what channel you are trying to look into? When you say channel number, is this for the OTA antenna channel or Live TV within TRC?

Tell us more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Palladini
Channel Surfer

I fire up my Roku TV, go to the ROKU app, and go to TV, there is no antenna hooked to my TV. 

A bit later today, I will set up my camera, point it at the TV, and post a link for a private YouTube video

Here is a video I shot showing what the complaint is -

0 Kudos