Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mWarwick30

Re: Sky News app not working - no error message just blank screen

I have the same problem any ideas on how to resolve

0 Kudos
oxford-england
Reel Rookie

It is now working for me. I deleted the app and restarted the Roku stick, then re-installed the Sky app. I did this twice, and Sky did not work at first. I tried clicking on the app again later today, and Sky is working again.    No idea what the problem was.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Greetings from the Roku Community.

Thank you for reporting the playback issue you've encountered on the Skye News TV app on your Roku device. We'd be happy to suggest some steps to help you troubleshoot.

Kindly follow the steps provided below to refresh the system of this app:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

We need to make sure that these steps have been done precisely to work. For more detailed information regarding this matter, you may visit this support article: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Keep us posted on how it goes and we'll go from there.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.