Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrAces

How do i set up my HDTV antenna to watch local channels?

Jump to solution

I just bought a HDTV antenna so I can watch local channels. Am I able to watch those channels on my Roku device if I have a non-Roku TV?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do i set up my HDTV antenna to watch local channels?

Jump to solution

Hi @MrAces,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'll be more than happy to provide you with further details on how to get local channels if you're using a Roku streaming player.

You cannot watch local channels using an antenna directly on the Roku streaming player. You can access antenna channels on Roku only if you connect your antenna to a Roku TV. To watch local channels, use the input/source button on your TV remote to switch to the antenna input.

For more details, you can visit our support article on How to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system

I hope you find this information helpful.

Thanks,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do i set up my HDTV antenna to watch local channels?

Jump to solution

Hi @MrAces,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'll be more than happy to provide you with further details on how to get local channels if you're using a Roku streaming player.

You cannot watch local channels using an antenna directly on the Roku streaming player. You can access antenna channels on Roku only if you connect your antenna to a Roku TV. To watch local channels, use the input/source button on your TV remote to switch to the antenna input.

For more details, you can visit our support article on How to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system

I hope you find this information helpful.

Thanks,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.