Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoldenMom4
Reel Rookie

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

My system also doesn't have the auto shut off!  My sirius is kicking me out after 20 minutes also!   Definitely a software problem!  Unless enough complain about it they will not fix it! 

Sweetness29449
Reel Rookie

SiriusXM channel not playing continuously

Jump to solution

Since update SiriusXM channel will play for 3 to 5 minutes and then stop. It will no longer play continuously like it did before the update. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I have tried the settings and nothing has working thus far. I hit on the go live button also but it still does the same thing.

Jimmbbo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So it looks like there’s a definite problem since the update this past week, and reading all your responses there seems to be no fix at the present, hopefully they send out a patch if we all complain please whoever comes up with a solution posted immediately this is very inconvenient 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: SiriusXM channel not playing continuously

Jump to solution

Hello @Sweetness29449

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on SiriusXM or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MrEM
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the same issue and have done the re-start but it seems to still be a thing. It is only with the Sirius/XM channel be cause I just streamed the Hawkeye series on Disney+ .

This needs some attention because I am pretty sure I use my Roku for listening to XM more than actually watching TV

MrEM
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yeah came hoping to find a solution, not yet so it seems.

0 Kudos
Sccs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same thing is happening to my ROKU smart tv as well, but SiriusXM plays for 18 minutes and then goes back to Home Screen. I have tried everything with no success. Would like to get this fixed with an update ASAP. 

Sweetness29449
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tried that and it not not change anything. 

0 Kudos
MrEM
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So I have found if you use one of the xtra channels like "1st Wave top 100" mine will continue to play but if I am on the main 1st Wave channel it will shut off in 10 - 20 minutes.

The xtra channels seems to load a song at a time instead of a 3+ hour program, don't know why that should make a difference but it is working right now anyway.

0 Kudos
jjetset
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Record 5 minutes and one song before crash this time. Just awful.

0 Kudos