Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bubbakuda925
Reel Rookie

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

I have a Roku express on TV and a Roku TV, and both are having these issues. I have 2 other smart TVs ( not Roku) and Sirrus(XM) is not an issue with those.  It is definitely a Roku issue

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@beaneda7

Thanks for the post and providing us with the information that we have requested.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As previously states in this thread, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

In the meantime can you please provide us with all the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jjetset
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That is not the only issue in the new version of the Sirius XM app, for the short time it actually works as it used to the artist/track information has also been completely out of sync for me as well. Roku is the only way that I listen to Sirius XM so it is a real pain to have to restart the app when it freezes after such a short period. It also takes a lot more clicks to get to play your favorite station than it used to for some bizarre reason (used to play automatically). Remember folks an upgrade is not an upgrade if it works a lot less well than it used to. 

Re: SiriusXM app crashing on Roku Express after recent update

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue. How do we elevate the problem to ROKU? 

beaneda7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I installed the roku express 4K+ and the Xm music finally continues after 20 minutes………..

jjetset
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

And their support department's suggested fix of turning off the new 20 minute activity power timeout only suspends the same crash until about the 30 or 40 minute mark. Still need to exit out of app and restart over and over again. Their new 20 minute activity timeout says it does not apply to streaming but it obviously does. The sooner they admit they have issues the sooner we can get back to something that is reliable that we had before the "upgrade".

Smooch
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@jjetset wrote:

And their support department's suggested fix of turning off the new 20 minute activity power timeout only suspends the same crash until about the 30 or 40 minute mark. Still need to exit out of app and restart over and over again. Their new 20 minute activity timeout says it does not apply to streaming but it obviously does. The sooner they admit they have issues the sooner we can get back to something that is reliable that we had before the "upgrade".

I do not know about this 20 minute activity power timeout. I do not see that anywhere in either SXM or Roku settings ... where is it? thanks

0 Kudos
jjetset
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I found it in Roku Settings, then System menu option, then Power menu option. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Smooch
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@jjetset wrote:

I found it in Roku Settings, then System menu option, then Power menu option. Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks. We must have different models. I have the 3930x Roku Express; have nothing like that in my System settings (just checked in case, you know, things changed overnight ... Smiley Very Happy )

0 Kudos