Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EM48
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

Still problems; plus the app itself does not match up (click on news and sports comes up) plus much slower.

will most likely delete Sirius streaming option, why pay for this?

And not suggest ROKU products

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I had the same problem, I reset the Roku TV to original factory setting, then followed the instructions above, the options appeared "Reduce Power after 15 minutes and turn off after 4 hours" both were checked.  I unchecked them and have fingers crossed it fixes the problem. Update: Didn't work 😞

Roku TV 8116x
TCL model 32S327
Software version 11.0.0 Build 4194-48

SiriusXM - Version 2.5 build 28

0 Kudos
jmhabo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Danny,

I have a Roku Express+ and an older Roku 2. The Roku Express+ has the shut-down problem, the Roku 2 does not. Both are running the same version (v2.5 b28) of the SiriusXM channel. To replicate the problem, stream SiriusXM music using the SiriusXM Roku channel until the music shuts down and the Roku returns to the home screen.

In my experience, the time to shut down is not consistent and has taken the Roku Express+ as long as 1 hour to shut down. Typically the time is 20 to 35 minutes.

Below is the information you requested. The Roku 2 does not have a "Device ID" on the System-About screen.

Roku Express+
-------------
Model - 3910RW-Roku - Express+
Serial number - YG008M221909
Software version - 11.0.0 build 4193-51
Device ID - C53958221909

Tracker ID - 09-205-329

Roku 2
------
Model - 4210X-Roku 2
Serial number - 5F461U225442
Software version - 11.0.0 build 4193-04

0 Kudos
EM48
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

STILL HAPPENING; SIRIUS USELESS

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I use the SiriusXM app (2.5 build 28) and it stops and exits to the ROKU home screen after 20-30minutes of playing. It started happening last week like everyone else on this thread. Working from home it is nice to have this on in the background. I have uninstalled the channel, rebooted, and reinstalled a few times with no change. I have checked for updates and there are none. Youtube doesn't have this issue at all.

3910RW - ROKU Express+

SN-   YG00DJ770235

Device ID-   C5384D770235

OS v-   11.0.0 build 4193-51

Tracker ID-   35-205-390

0 Kudos
Smooch
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Danny, here is my information:

Roku device model: 3930X, Roku Expres
serial:  X00400PC60FX
software: OS 11.0.0, build 4193 AE updated 13 May 5:35 a.m
Channels involved:  Sirius XM only, and always. SXM version 2.5 Build 28
steps to reproduce:  on Roku home screen, go to Sirius XM, launch it, and wait a few minutes

I hope someone is working on this. If this many people are finding THIS place to post, how many phone calls are going to Roku (and SXM) by increasingly frustrated customers? Hoping to hear good news soon.

0 Kudos
Davis0895

Re: SiriusXM app crashing on Roku Express after recent update

Jump to solution

Same issue even after removing app, system restart, then reapplying the app.  Frustrating

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Sirius is finally acknowledging that there are issues. I just got this message:

Apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while using the Roku app. We've identified a few issues that may be interfering with your ability to listen to SiriusXM on Roku, and we're working hard to fix them. For further assistance, kindly provide your Roku TV model, and version of your Roku devices.

Next question. How do I figure out the TV model (not just brand name, but actual TV model) and the Roku version?

Smooch
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@rabidbaby wrote:

Sirius is finally acknowledging that there are issues. I just got this message:

Apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while using the Roku app. We've identified a few issues that may be interfering with your ability to listen to SiriusXM on Roku, and we're working hard to fix them. For further assistance, kindly provide your Roku TV model, and version of your Roku devices.

Next question. How do I figure out the TV model (not just brand name, but actual TV model) and the Roku version?

good news, thank you! that was upcoming on the to-do list I've been resisting. 😄

I think they are asking specifically about the Roku TV, not, for instance, my elderly Bravia.

For the Roku device (for instance, my Express) from the Home screen, go to Settings > System > About and then one more > from About will get you to the device info. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Eyesonthesky
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info rabidbaby. 
It’s more than a Roku problem apparently. I moved from listening through my Roku to my iPad streaming through a Jawbone Bluetooth speaker. Saturday and Sunday was fine but today, Monday, it is now doing the same as the Roku problem we all have been experiencing. I stopped listening after two attempts.

Maybe this is an indication they are working on the issue?

0 Kudos