Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barleycharley
Binge Watcher

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

Your lucky.  I was listening to news channel, just now, and it cut off at exactly 25 minutes.  Looks like a I got 5 extra bonus minutes this morning.

kellerer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is really irritating. Please someone help. 

Jaguar
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The best way by now of dealing with this irritating issue is to get it out to the general public with media (social media, etc.) that SiriusXM does NOT WORK on ROKU devices. THAT will get their attention. 

JBad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Where's Mary? I haven't been ghosted by a female like this since that one time I tried online dating.

MCMLXAD
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

did you solve the problem?because i am having the same issue

elliedale9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

To celebrate the one-month anniversary of the problem, I tried doing chat support with Sirius XM and following up on the Facebook PMs that they stopped answering weeks ago. Not surprisingly, both avenues were dead ends because the reps couldn't help me. They "escalated" my issue, and a Sirius rep called. However, I was working so I couldn't answer the phone. The rep (who was clearly in India) left a message that was pretty difficult to decipher through the accent. I called back today and was placed on hold. Hung up after 5 minutes because it's just a waste of time. I've given all the information half a dozen times, between my chat with Sirius XM, my Facebook PMs with Sirius XM, and this Roku thread. I can't tell them anything they don't already know, and it's not worth it for me to waste my time.

It's pretty clear they don't want to help their customers and keep us happy. If they did, they would have rolled back as soon as it became clear the problem was widespread. 

The silence from the Roku reps who chimed in early on and promised to monitor the thread is also telling. They don't want to help their customers and keep us happy, either.

Budley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

UPDATE NO. 4: Roku customer service techs ... Did you guys time out, too? You've all but disappeared. 

One new thing. After signing off each account and removing the SiriusXM app from all my TVs (3), I tried reinstalling one my main TV (the newest). 

And I did get a new result -- it should down at the 16-minute mark: I had a stopwatch on it. 

MelG
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM app crashing on Roku Express after recent update

Jump to solution

Hey y'all.  So tonight Friday 9pm-10:40pm . I have been on the XM app... Roku Tcl tv...

(Current version: 25/bl 34) .

I signed out of XM. 

Removed the app. 

Shut off tv. 

Turned right back on. 

Signed in app.

Tuned to Channel 8. 

Listening to a program,for a straight 1 ½ hours now. 

It has not SHUT OFF!! 

😁😄.. 

After  month. 

Thank you...

0 Kudos
HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@masalaavwrote

"When showing the thin light blue track progress bar (assuming it is track progress) never seems to move off of 3/4 complete so is completely broken." Mine was at 1/3 this morning, but you're right that it doesn't move. The "progress bar" also shows the start of the hour on the left and the end of the hour on the right, neither of which is correct (unless they're displaying GMT??)."

In the web version, that progress bar is for the track,  However, in the Roku version, it appears to be for the show.  The developer is using the wrong procedure argument to obtain the track timing data or using the wrong method to obtain the track details.   If you press the stop button on the remote, you can see the begin/end times which appear to be in Central European Time zone.  The translated default format for a time is most likely in GMT(UTC) and they translated to local time incorrectly (UTC+1).  I would expect these features to be common on all Roku devices running XM unless the developer writes distinct code for every device and some of the code happens to be using the correct procedure argument and correct offset for the time translation.  This confusion in displaying the wrong time type data may be related to the crashing--or not--bugs are very clever.    If a device is not crashing and it displays the track timing correctly, such behavior suggests the source of the bug. Devices with more memory may survive the bug. 

What the device displays may be relevant to the crashing bug.   Does anyone's device display the track timing correctly and happen to not crash?  A matrix including this condition may narrow down the source of the bug. 

My 3800R was playing more than 20 minutes last week without crashing so I haven't reported it yet.  It still operates for more than 20 minutes.  However, now it freezes, crashes, gets stuck on displaying a track that has ended several tracks ago, doesn't respond to the remote or displays the wrong screen when it does respond.   I need to observe more before I dump the diagnostic data.  The failure behavior varies from one event to another.  I will post more if I can get a consistent pattern.  

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

SiriusXM help has continued to ignore me on Twitter and no one has given an update on this issue and it's been a month. I will continue to have SiriusXM for the time being knowing I can still use it for sports and Bluetooth on my soundbar. This is just irritating. They had me with a help ticket a while ago and I just didn't bother because they would tell me to shut down, sign out blah blah. Good thing I downloaded this on my phone when I did.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.