Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kidkrash
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution
rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@kidkrash wrote:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-Android-TV-2K-FHD-Streaming-Stick-with-Remote-Control-Power-Adapter/1... problem solved

Nope. I'm not sinking more money into this, and it's not my responsibility to solve SiriusXM's problem. More importantly, it's not my job to be a UX tester. That's something Sirius should have done long before rolling out an unusable version. 

WIPatrick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Is that really a "Problem solved"?  So, I have an onn. TV from Walmart. Never had an issue streaming Sirius XM through it until the "update" rollout a few weeks back. Now same issue as everyone else in this thread - shuts down after 20 minutes.  So, the "solution" is to purchase an onn roku stick to plug into my onn smart TV and use the stick for SiriusXM?!? That's like if the radio in my car didn't work and the solution was to plug in an external radio and use that.  I purchased a smart TV so that I would not have to use a stick. 

They need to fix this issue. I called. I explained the whole situation and also explained that there is a 25 page thread about this issue in the Roku community site. I get this response, "I understand you are having an issue with your streaming signal, would you like us to resend the signal?".  No, listen again, very carefully...I explain again.  I get "Would you like us to send you instructions on how to reset your password?".  At this point I realize that the customer service is basically useless and hang up.

kidkrash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

For me throwing $15 at a new device did in fact solve my problem. Kudos to those are willing to wait for Roku/Sirius to solve it for them as the issue has been going on for 3 weeks now.

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@kidkrash wrote:

For me throwing $15 at a new device did in fact solve my problem. Kudos to those are willing to wait for Roku/Sirius to solve it for them as the issue has been going on for 3 weeks now.

I'm not willing to spend even one cent to fix their problem—a problem that should have been caught and fixed before release. If this hasn't been corrected a few days before my subscription is set to renew, forget it. I'll cancel Sirius and switch to Spotify. 

Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well, I see an update was released today. It didn't fix the problem for me. Still shuts off after 20 minutes.

Great job!

doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Guys it did not work after 20 minutes today. So you have to hit the star button on your remote to update the app. I'm going to see if it works now and will let you guys know.

0 Kudos
MelG
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

Hi. MelG here. 

My RokuTCL tv: 8112x

Model: 32S321

Serial: YKOOKP492781

Software version: 11.0.0 , Bd 4193.48

Device:  J9A88K492481

========

6:19am-6:50am Channel 1015.... then it stopped.

6:51-7:15am Channel 8. Stopped...

******> I Generated a HELP ME PLEASE TICKET: 

Time Stamp: 2022-06-06 Ti4: 4843Z

Id to Report: 81-225-528

...who /how do I submit this info to???  ..

Thank you.

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

App still shuts off after 20 minutes. What did they update? It did nothing 

GoldenMom4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I guess we will have to make more of a fuss about the problem! I called Sirius today and told them they need to look into the problem or reimburse me for services they are not supplying. Maybe start posting on other sites like FB and Twitter about it not working! 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.