Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

I'm about ready to cancel and just get TuneIn!! They cut me off trying to transfer me to the tech number. Does anyone know the technical support number?

barleycharley
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is bad, really bad.

Martin_
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

SiriusXM Corporate Solutions Team
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET Mon-Fri
1-855-619-2872, Option 3

CadillacMike
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We have Three XM sat radios and two Roku express  devices which are on two of my Vizio TVs. The Roku info is below.  The same shut off after 15-20 mins is happening on both of my Roku Expresses. Doesn't matter which XM channel I on, shuts off to the Roku home screen. Further I cannot add to or delete any favorites. I'm not against canceling all three radios. We do like the music through the TV, especially since Frontier cut off music choice, but not if its going to shut off every 15-20 mins.

Before, if we left it on and changed the TV input, the XM via Roku would keep on running forever, so I had to tell the boss lady to hit the home button on the Roku before changing the inputs. But not that doesn't matter, 20 mins and poof no more music.

Roku info:

Name
Linked

Roku Express main
Family room
X00400CR6J88
11/22/2020

Roku Ex MBR
Master bedroom
X00400NFP9Y2
5/12/2020

Judging by the SNs, they are both the same production run and were made probably in the same quarter.

Kalispell

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem and I don’t have that “power” thing in settings either and my version is 11.0 

Tried deleting the app and putting it back in and that didn’t work either😡

I Like it for background music also while doing bills and such. 

MrEM
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Wow 3 weeks and still nothing, these guys are rock stars!. The worst part is there is a very easy solution but they refuse to simply roll it back to the previous version until they actually problem solve their problem. I have tried all the BS stuff they keep saying, and I get the feeling the stuff they are telling us to do they actually know will not work.

I will actually give both parties one more week since I have used both products for years but my loyalty has limits especially knowing I can get the same thing Roku and Sirius/XM offer for cheaper elsewhere. Your on the clock.

0 Kudos
OneWolf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's not Roku, it's SiriusXM.

SiriusXM is a $24BILLION company. Twenty Four Billion Dollars. $24B. They generate $8B revenue per year.

What in God's name are they doing that they can't create a gd app that's worth a f on any platform? How in the fing world can a $24B company not create a simple fing app that simply plays music reliably without crashing and allows me to save and access my favorites in a reasonably easy intuitive way? Unfingbelievable.

Don't feel bad Roku - every app they've every written sucks and their windows app is completely broken now - white screen, no music, no nothing. Music for 20 minutes would be a treat.

0 Kudos
CadillacMike
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No power setting on my Roku express devices either.

Roku did an update a few days before the latest siriusxm update so it could be either or both updates that are causing this.

This is like the recent T-mobile-LG phone fiasco last month. These companies are doing a rotten job of testing these so called "updates", and there is nothing we end users can do. EXCEPT vote with our wallets!!!

Everyone DO NOT delete and reload, you'll just get the same crippled version and you have the added PITA of re-entering your login info and the mess that entails.

WAIT for a tested revision to be put out.

0 Kudos
CadillacMike
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The so-called "update" to the siriusxm app on Roku appears to be corrupted in other ways too. I cannot add to or delete any favorites. This is all since the mid May "update". It worked fine before that on Both TVs.

mjprimo1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I feel sorry for the folks that have smart TVs with Roku inside. I'm using Roku Express adapters connected to dumb TVs. Replaced Roku with cheap Android TV adapter and SXM app from Google Play Store. 

I don't understand why Roku hasn't rolled back to old working version of SXM app.

Presently, cannot recommend Roku to family, friends, or neighbors.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.