Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

@mjprimo1 wrote:

... I don't understand why Roku hasn't rolled back to old working version of SXM app. ...

Because Roku doesn't do that. By the way, Amazon doesn't do that. Google doesn't do that. Apple doesn't do that. The platforms won't roll back apps.

If there's a problem, and if the platform (Roku, Amazon, Google, Apple) notifies the developer, it's up to the developer to decide to roll back. All Roku (or Amazon, or Google, or Apple) will do is either leave it up to the developer (working with them if and as requested), or remove the app.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
kidkrash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@mjprimo1 wrote:

I feel sorry for the folks that have smart TVs with Roku inside. I'm using Roku Express adapters connected to dumb TVs. Replaced Roku with cheap Android TV adapter and SXM app from Google Play Store. 

I don't understand why Roku hasn't rolled back to old working version of SXM app.

Presently, cannot recommend Roku to family, friends, or neighbors.

I have 2 TCL "ROKU" TV's which do not have the issue. It is only on the older dumb TV's which each have a ROKU Express. I am glad I gave up and spent the $15 for a ONN Android stick which does not have the issue. I will have my wife call and threaten to cancel service over 3+ week delay in the issue being addressed.  

My next new TV's will be Android TV's, not ROKU based on this experience.

~kidkrash

0 Kudos
mjprimo1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Uninstalled SiriusXM version 2.5 build 28.....  Installed Jun 06, 2022 update version 2.5 build 34.  Same problem, no improvement for me, on Roku Express 3930X, ver 11.0.0. I have two of these Roku devices.  I would prefer to use these devices with SiriusXM rather than switch services or devices.  But until this problem gets resolved, I will continue using the cheap ONN 4K Android TV adapter, purchased at Walmart, with SiriusXM app installed from the Google Play Store.  And continue track this problem at Roku Community for a while longer, before buying more Android TV adapters.  Roku provides good products in the market place.  And done so for years.  Disappointed its taking so long for Roku and Sirius to fix this issue.  

0 Kudos
elliedale9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've been following this thread for weeks but I'm finally fed up enough to contribute. Like everyone else, SiriuxXM stopped working properly on my Roku TVs about 3 weeks ago. At that time, the app auto-updated (I didn't initiate the update) and forced me to log in again. That's when everything got weird. Here is what's been happening ever since:

1. I can't plan any station for more than 20 minutes; after 20 minutes or so, the app exits to the home screen.

2. My "recents" list displays a bunch of random channels, some of which I've never actually listened to (at least, not in the last 6-12 months). However, it DOES NOT list the channels I actually listen to most frequently.

3. The search function is SUPER SLOW. This is really annoying since I now have to search for my channel every 20 minutes when I get kicked out.

4. When I'm listening to talk radio and get kicked out after 20 minutes, the program doesn't restart where it left off when I got kicked out. This is beyond frustrating, especially since I have to restart several times an hour. 

I've changed my power settings as recommended and that didn't help. I uninstalled and reinstalled the SiriusXM channel (several time) and that didn't help. This morning, I updated to the newest version (2.5 build 34) and that didn't help.

It has been almost a month and it seems like nothing is being done to solve the problem. 98% of my listening is at home, through my TVs, while I'm in my home office. For the last 3 weeks, my subscription has essentially been the equivalent of flushing money down the toilet because I haven't been able to use the service I pay for. 

I tried to cancel this morning after the update failed to fix the problem, but that was a horror show too. I got disconnected TWICE while trying to chat with an agent. I feel like I'm locked into this terrible service that doesn't work and that I'm stuck paying for regardless. Not pleased. Also, I am moving later this summer into a bigger home and plan to upgrade my living room TV to something bigger. Roku's response has been so shoddy that I will probably buy a different brand of smart TV even though every smart TV I've ever bought up to this point has been a Roku. This experience has soured me on both Sirius and Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing.

Our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have a further resolution soon. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@mjprimo1  I hope you realize that a Roku TV is like any other TV. It has 3-4 HDMI ports. I can plug a FireStick, Chromecast, DVD player, gaming system or anything else HDMI it. 

kgoebel
Reel Rookie

Re: SiriusXM channel not playing continuously

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 55 TCL Tv and a Roku  4 that works just fine.  My two Roku Express both reset to the home screen after about 15 minutes on XM.  This all started after the last update from XM

mjprimo1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yessir, I realize Roku TVs have HDMI ports.  Hopefully, if you add an adapter with Android TV, the transition  will be an easy.

In my case, there was a learning curve, as my wife never made friends with technology.  It was easier for me to just replace the Roku adapter with an Android TV adapter, and show the wife how to use the new remote.  The only channels she used on Roku were YouTube and SiriusXM.  So, I added those two channels to Favorites in Android TV. and removed most of the default channels found in Favorites.  Also moved those two channels to the beginning of the Favorites list, allowing her to navigate the menu with minimal clicks of the remote.

Anyway, best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

elliet

Jump to solution

Sirius plays for about 25 minutes or so then stops/screen freezes/returns to Roku main menu.  when I return to Sirius, it returns me to the beginning of a show (which I've already heard).

I've done the usual, turned on and off, rebooted by internet, deleted then added Sirius.  However, nothing has worked.  This all began WHEN THE SIRIUS APP WAS UPDATED!!!

I've been having this problem for a month, ever since the Sirius XM app was updated.  I've called Sirius at least twice a week with no resolution.  They don't seem to understand the problem.  Today when I called (June 7, 2022), Sirius said to contact Roku.  Since I can't talk to anyone at Roku about this problem, I had to go online.  Of course, there is no CHAT available for tech support.  Then low and behold, I find a multitude of people having the same problem.  I can only say this is a Sirius-Roku interface problem.  The old Sirius app is loaded onto my LG TV and works fine. It buffers more frequently, which is the reason I loaded the Sirius app on my Roku.

Roku Streaming Stick (3600R) XOOO6850OJ.  serial no 556719230690.  SKU#3600R.  Lot# 52001476446.  software version 11.0.0

Occurs on all stations tuned in

no error messages

as for reproducing, just go to the Sirius app, and wait 20-25 minutes.

tracker ID Model 3900X Roku Express.  SN YG0058476060(C33955476060.  software version 11.0.0 * build 4193-51.  timestamp 2022-06-07T18:13:367.  Issue ID 60-227-173

occurrence and frequency described above

Please pass this on.  It is very frustrating

Ellen Turina

elliesinarut717@gmail.com

0 Kudos
barleycharley
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This issue could have been fixed the first day, all they had to do was put the old SiriusXM Player back on. I think right now it's never going to be fixed.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.