Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vakko
Roku Guru

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

@Sccs  That is what your phone screen or computer screen is for. You can get that information. People need to stop complaining. There are alternatives. Streaming SiriusXM through Roku is NOT the only way to listen to it. The SiriusXM radio app is available for iOS or Android. You can also stream it via a browser on a computer. My TV is for watching movies or shows. I realize it is an inconvenience for some. But it is not an end all. There is more then one way to skin a cat. Maybe SiruisXM does not want to develop the Roku channel anymore? Ever think of that? 

pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you've got it all figured out, what works best for you, what are you even doing here? We have to do it your way? You're going to teach us something we already know? Suppose I want to stream it on my Roku app because that's what works best for me and I'm paying for that feature? You've made your point. Great. Now let other people do what they want.and stop trying to make it sound like the rest of us are stupid. Go away if we're upsetting you. I for one don't really care what you think.

Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@pkaboo1234  There is absolutely no way to stream SiriusXM via a Roku app. Why? Cause there is no such thing as a Roku app. My point is stop complaining. 62 pages, weeks involved and no reply from SiriusXM. It is there channel. There issue to resolve. In the meantime use an alternative means to stream it. The .001% of users posting in here that stream SiruisXM via there Roku device is irrelevant to the millions of subscribers with no issues. If listening the SiriusXM via a Roku was the only way to listen to it I can see your point. SiriusXM does not care obviously. So move on. Stop complaining. 

wsu55
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You've made your point but many of us would like to have this feature still be available. 

My wife likes to listen to Sirius while working in the kitchen and other areas of the house, using our TV and the attached soundbar. It worked well for quite some time and no longer does.

Hopefully the people at ROKU can find a way to resolve it.

elliedale9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Vakko Yes, you're right that there are other options for listening. However, I purposely keep my phone out of my office during the work day because it's a huge distraction and significantly decreases my productivity. SiriusXM on Roku was great for my needs. Sirius through my work computer is a joke because it sounds like the radio is being played inside of a tin can. **bleep** sound quality is fine for my office computer since I almost never have to listen to anything for work, but it's super annoying for playing background radio.

It's certainly possible that SiriusXM doesn't want to develop for Roku anymore. If that's the case, however, it seems odd that they bothered with creating the newest version, especially since the previous version was working just fine. As I said yesterday, if they don't want to offer service on Roku anymore, then they should just discontinue it. If it's offered as an option under our subscription plans, it should work. Period.

Companies can offer whatever services they want to, on whatever platforms they want to. That's not up for debate. But I feel very strongly that if a company offers a service, it should work. If it stops being "worth it" for them to offer their service in certain ways or on certain platforms, then they should stop offering it. It's very simple -- give your customers what they pay for. Give your customers what you advertise. Give your customers what you promise. 

Sccs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As stated “My TV is for watching movies or shows.” Then your computer should not be used for streaming SiriusXM.
That’s why they make a streaming SiriusXM so you can listen on all platforms no matter what it is. We need to focus and keep complaining about SiriusXM/ ROKU not working properly on a ROKU tv or any other device that is affected by the update 2 months ago. 

Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@wsu55  If you have a soundbar then it has Bluetooth. Use the SiriusXM app on your phone and stream it to your soundbar. It is that easy. It is not up to Roku to resolve the issue. 

@elliedale9  You can hook up any computer to a Bluetooth speaker. All of you are making excuses. It has been since 5/18/2022 that this thread has started. Do you see one reply from a SiriusXM developer? Nope. Why? Cause they have better things to do then worry about the .001% of Roku users. I enjoy my SiriusXM in my vehicle. I enjoy it streaming through my Roku Wireless speakers. I do not need the SiriusXM channel on my Roku to enjoy it. No one does actually. 

Anyone complaining ask yourself this "Months later has the issue been resolved? Has a SiriusXM developer replied in here? No. Then I guess I will find another means to stream SiruisXM till the issue is resolved.".

Stop complaining. It is getting you people no where. 90% of SiriusXM subscribers listen to it via there vehicle. That is all they care about. 

elliedale9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Vakko I don't have a Bluetooth speaker, and I'm not going to buy one just because SiriusXM either sucks at developing for Roku or is intentionally pushing away its Roku users. Instead, I'm going to cancel my service once my next bill is due. They probably won't miss the few dollars I throw their way every month, but I'm not going to bend over backwards and spend additional money to make their service work. If it doesn't work the way they say it does, it's not on me to solve their problem.

Also, you're wrong that every computer can connect to Bluetooth. You're making a lot of assumptions about the type of technology that people have and use. I still have a desktop computer that's 7 or 8 years old (granted, it's not the one I use for work and thus not in the room where I want to listen to SiriusXM). I regularly use it for word processing and web browsing. It works 100% fine for my purposes, so why spend the cash to upgrade? I'm sure I'm not the only person on the planet who still has and regularly uses old technology.

Just so we're 100% clear here -- are you saying it's it's an acceptable business practice for companies to  knowingly offer services that don't work? You believe it's acceptable for companies to falsely advertise the ways a user can benefit from their service subscription? And finally, you think it's acceptable for companies to offer shoddy customer service in cases when their product doesn't work as advertised? 

Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@elliedale9  If you have an 8 year old desktop without Bluetooth support then that is your own issue. Heck my mothers 10 year old laptop has Bluetooth support. All of your questions should be directed at SiriusXM support. Not Roku. Roku is not the developer. SiriusXM gives you over 20 different ways to stream there service. A Bluetooth speaker is a low as $20. Even $10. 

Waterbug
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I plugged in a Fire stick to my Roku TV and added Sirius app to it. Ran for 2 1/2 hours before I turned off. Will use it going forward and see if that lets me play all day outside again.