Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elliedale9
Binge Watcher

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

@Vakko wrote:
90% or more of SiriusXM subscribers listen to it in their vehicles. That's what it was designed for. the only time I listen to it is when I am in my car.

@Vakko, your experience isn't everyone's experience. I bought my car with SiriusXM in January 2020. I listened for at least an hour a day during my commute to/from work. I was in the car enough that it made sense for me to pay for the service. But guess what happened a few months later...a global pandemic. I've been working from my home office since March 2020 with zero plans to go back to a daily soul-sucking commute. I am now in my car maybe 10 minutes a day, and on many days, I don't drive at all. My SiriusXM subscription fee isn't worth it for that -- but I've kept the service because I was able to listen in my home office via my Roku TV. Now, that's not an option anymore so I'm paying for nothing, basically. I received a few months of free credit when I complained. If this isn't fixed by the time I have to pay out of pocket again, I'm canceling. And given how much they're dragging they're feet, I assume that's what will happen.

As others have said, this app "upgrade" was unnecessary. It's radio. We don't need bells and whistles, we just need it to be functional -- and it's not. If you don't want to offer service to Roku users, that's fine. Don't offer it. But if you do offer the service as part of their subscription fee, then make sure it works. NOTHING works on this latest upgrade. It doesn't remember my preferences so I have to reset them every single time. It doesn't keep track of my "recent" stations so I have to search for them every single time. It shuts off after 20 minutes every single time. And for what? Some graphics that I don't even need? (I mean, come on! It's radio. It's not a visual medium.) This is not a good trade-off.

ardeepee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

While I do think SXM is the main culprit here, I've also had my Roku TV cut out and go to the home screen while watching movies on Movieland and Peacock. I check the SXM channel most days, but have little patience. I can play it on my laptop and HDMI it to the TV. I'm thinking the ONN box is my next move.

0 Kudos
Sylpetrilla
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I definitely put Roku at fault — Sirius works fine everywhere else . Roku boots me out of the Discovery plus in a regular basis as well as Peacock . I’m just over Roku - are used to always say they were much better than my fire stick but not anymore.  

Jimmbbo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Vakko, you might want to tell Kevin Hart that on his commercials that he's wasting a lot of money then cuz they sure do spend a lot of time on commercials telling us that we can use this app anywhere

charliebrown99
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes, I'm done with Roku too.  Just bought the latest Amazon firestick for one tv,  got it cheap on Prime Day today. And I already got an ONN streaming device for the second tv.  I wanted different brands of streaming devices.  Because I had 3 Roku's, and we all know how that worked out, better to diversify.

MCMLXAD
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

a question:does the amazon fire work a 100% with the sirius app?i mean; not anykind of problem like the one  with roku?

charliebrown99
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

No problems on the latest generation.  I checked it out and read the reviews too,  I got the 4K Firestick, the latest version, because the Firestick that is not 4K does not have the SXM app.   The one priced at 16.99 doesn't have it, but the one for $24.99 is 4K and has it.

MelG
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hey @charliebrown99 ... Thanks for that valuable info!👍.. I just ordered the $16.99 Firestick but was able to cancel the order just in time after reading your post that the 4k Stick would include the SXM app-that would work. (Danke!) 

I am going to over-ride the TCL-Roku - completely.  Since I already deleted XM from my line up, I plan enjoy the app on a working platform. 

As it appears there will not be a resolution, I will take this solution. 

Thanks y'all 🙂

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@elliedale9  a smartphone and a Bluetooth speaker is all you need to stream SiriusXM. You don't need Roku or a Firestick. Who wants to listen to music through **bleep** TV speakers unless you have a soundbar. 99% of soundbars have Bluetooth capability. Heck I have the Roku Wireless Speakers. I can connect my iPhone to them and stream any music I want. You people act like streaming SiriusXM via Roku is the only way to listen to it. It's actually hilarious. 

Sccs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Everyone has their own reason on why they like going thru a tv for SiriusXM. I agree sound quality thru the tv speakers do not do the songs justice. That’s why I have computer stereo speakers hooked up, also I like when the album covers were full screen for the song that was playing. I also enjoyed looking at the year the song was released, name of the song if I couldn’t put the name to it and the group that sang it. Bluetooth speaker is not going to do that for you, unless the VJ specifically did all the mentioned above. So for me it’s not just the sound.