Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimmbbo
Binge Watcher

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

I could be wrong, but it sounds a little bizzar that XM would send out vouchers to Apple Music, lol

Jimmbbo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

At any rate, I'm over it, going to just cancel my 2 XM accounts, if the post about it taking a year to fix this issue is true, I'm not sticking around to find out how long it takes to fix

1963kevinmichae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Similar to Devonsvoice's experience; a disaster this weekend. Some channels won't load or freeze whenever. Hasn't crashed back to the Roku desktop, but unable to play multiple channels (New Wave Deep Cuts, New Wave Top 100)

0 Kudos
charliebrown99
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

What in the heck is SiriusXM and Roku trying to prove. It's like they enjoy this.

doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

If they're not going to go back to the old version, maybe go to something simpler. It's just a radio app. It's doesn't need to be that advanced.

0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same issue here.  Very frustrating.  Keep getting "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later."  If I change the channel, then back again, sometimes it will start playing again but not always.

Besides the cutting off, is anyone having an issue with settings not being saved?  I've set/reset them over and over, but they keep reverting to default.  Specifically:  TuneStart (starts songs at the beginning when you tune to a channel, (don't want that)), Autoplay on Demand (automatically starts next episode), don't want that)), Autoplay on Startup (on launch, tunes to the last channel you were listening to, (want that)).  The settings stick and work as set with the website player, but not the Roku app.  All this malfunction makes me not even want to listen.  Why the "heck" can't it just be rolled back until the friggin' thing is fixed?  Arggg.

(tried all the ininstall, reinstall bull too)

OneWolf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

SiriusXM is a $24BILLION company. How they manage this whilst doing nothing but pushing complete **bleep** apps at their customers year over year over year is nothing short of mind-boggling. But it's their app developers, their business decisions, their deal. I mean who has time to invest in user experience studies, unit testing, regression testing, etc. when you're only bringing in $24Billion per year, totally understandable. 

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

90% or more of SiriusXM subscribers listen to it in their vehicles. That's what it was designed for. the only time I listen to it is when I am in my car. I can also listen to on my phone and use my Bluetooth speakers for sound. There is only a small percentage of people who listen to SiriusXM on their Roku devices. My Roku is to watch streaming movies and shows. There are 35 million SiriusXM subscribers. The .001% that are streaming it on a Roku and having issues does not outweigh the vast population that listen to it in their vehicles. 

0 Kudos
pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

.I suppose I could listen to it in my car if I wasn't disabled and was able to drive. I pay for streaming service. I would like what I am paying for. Sorry that seems to upset you. We're not all as lucky as you are. 

Waterbug
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I listen in my car but mostly use the patio Roku TV to play the app while outside at pool or working in yard.  I am using patio, yard, pool area much more than I'm in a car during warm months.  Having the app play continuously on tv is big for me as I don't want my phone to be required.  I am trying to be patient but will probably cancel Sirius if this is not repaired soon.  My son uses Spotify and my husband has Pandora.  Both work fine on TV.  For the little time I am in car, I can easily use radio or another app from my phone.