Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eyesonthesky
Binge Watcher

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

I had a lengthy discussion yesterday with a SiriusXM Corporate Solutions Team Member about the problem we are experiencing. They are aware of the problem and are investigating the issue. The team member was asking for the same information take Roku ask for in this string of notes. It appears to be an interface problem with the updated SiriusXM app and certain Roku devices. 
I wanted to pass this along. I understood they will get back to me. 

kidkrash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for a temporary workaround. 

0 Kudos
kidkrash
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM app crashing on Roku Express after recent update

Jump to solution

Found a similar thread at https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/SiriusXM-shuts-off-after-20-minutes/td-p/7947...

One user found a temporary workaround for those of us who use it as a music player in which instead of a channel picking a top 100 list. 

So instead of listening to 1st Wave on channel 33 I am listening to channel 1051 1st Wave Top 100 today.

Another user posted the following in the same thread:

"I had a lengthy discussion yesterday with a SiriusXM Corporate Solutions Team Member about the problem we are experiencing. They are aware of the problem and are investigating the issue. The team member was asking for the same information take Roku ask for in this string of notes. It appears to be an interface problem with the updated SiriusXM app and certain Roku devices. 

I wanted to pass this along. I understood they will get back to me."

Martin_
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM app crashing on Roku Express after recent update

Jump to solution

My streaming stick is doing the same thing.

very frustrating when an update causes problems.

I called siriusxm and the first line customer service said it is roku not them

I said don't you guys create the app and pass it through roku, he said no.

I do not think that is the way.

need to roll it back or something.

Martin_
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issues still.

Model: 3800X - Roku Streaming Stick

SN: YF00C1406282

Device ID: CT37CC406282

Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-55

SiriusXM Version 2.5 build 28

---------------------------------------

issue ID: 82-207-642

Siriusxm ROKU APP is only issue, same as everyone else. goes back to home after about 20 mins.

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It seems like the app has gotten better with loading but it still shuts off after 20 minutes or so. Are they ever going to fix it? I've had to use my phone for bluetooth just for the app and it's annoying.

Nytewynd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have auto power savings and it gives me 'reduce power after 15 minutes' or 'turn off after 4 hours' ... neither of them are checked, why would I want to check them?  how would that fix the issue?  I like sleeping with my music on and tend to wake up during the night many times and the music sooths me back to sleep (especially the nights I have nightmares) ... now I wake up during the night and my music is gone.  It happened after recent upgrade.  Someone needs to fix the issue.  It's not like only one or two people are having problems.

0 Kudos
Nytewynd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sounds about right.  I'm having the issue on my Sharpe roku tv, that I've had for years and until recently, haven't really had problems with (though quite a while back, did have to reinstall the app a couple of times).  Just recently moved and purchased android tvs and loaded the siriusxm app and I have had no problem with it disappearing back to the home page after 20 minutes or so, so it has to do with the roku upgrade and no one wants to take responsibility because no one wants to be the one to have to fix it.  This is why the world is in so much trouble, the people who have the power don't want to have the responsibility.

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

So does anyone's screen get dim before it shuts off? I've noticed it does that. It's really weird

0 Kudos
TLA2z71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I noted I was experiencing the same issues of cutting off after 20 minutes. I did an update and then uninstalled the app and re-installed.

That seemed to not cut me off as soon but, like another mentioned, the screen fades and it just freezes after that.

NOW, THE SOUND IS MESSED UP. Started yesterday afternoon. It's "garbled" and choppy and sounds horrible. I play it on my phone app on the same Wi-Fi and it sounds fine so it's not my internet speed causing the issue or the Sirius app.

Hoping someone can find a solution very soon as the silence is killing me. Can't use my phone, either, as LG and T-Mobile network are having internet protocol issues and, like here, each is blaming the other, so our batteries are draining about 10% an hour. Ugh!

The tech Gods hooked us but now they don't want to fix the issues?? About to drag out the old boom box at this point! 😞